OT but any help/advice would be good.

swerve9031

Reaction score
Visit site
Guys,

As I said in another post somewhere I am planning a trip in the summer to the West Coast from the U.K.

My wife Carole and I plan to fly to San Fransico, stay a few days then to Yosemite for 3 nights, Death Valley to Vegas for a couple of nights, Grand Canyon, then Sedona, flying home from Phoenix.

Carole won't ride a bike unfortunately so we will be travelling in a cage:(

Full itinerary can be seen at C.N.A. Western Flydrive fly drive fly-drive - San Francisco, Los Angeles, Yosemite National Park, Death Valley, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Lake Havasu flydrive missing out the Scottsdale stop and drving from Sedona to Phoenix for the flight home.

Is there anything closeby we should see, or any other suggestions you guys can make?

Thanks

Peter

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm jealous of your trip! (Especially as I procrastinate towards the end of my shift right now). If you can, definitely take the PCH down from San Fran to Carmel... and beyond. It's a great road all the way South to the Hearst Castle in Cambria. You'll wish you had your FZ :)

See a show when you're in Vegas. They can be pricey, but some of them are unreal. I saw "O" by Cirque du Soleil and it was insane... crazy circus performers standing in ankle-deep water on stage one second, then a moment later someone dives/flips from 60 feet up and splashes down in the same spot... an hour or two of acrobatic amazement. I'm not sure what's playing where at the time you'll be there but see what float's your boat.

At the Grand Canyon, I've never had the chance to check out the Skywalk, but it looks pretty interesting. Walk on a glass bridge 4000' over the river below? yikes. I know it's on Indian land, so it's a separate tour/admission from the park

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed- if you have never seen a cirque du soleil show O is arguably the best and worth the cost. You will want to book in advance to make sure you have seats.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
What are the dates? Summer in Death Valley, Vegas and Arizona is hot. Like 100 F+ but it is a dry heat:)
Do you know the actual roads / routes? I know a fun road on the way from Yosemite to Death Valley, plus a few others if interested.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The things to see and experience are endless. Hard to pick just one.

When you're in Sedona and if you like to hike a little, go to Bell Rock and do a walk about. You can also look this up. Montezuma's Castle, south of Sedona, on your way to Phoenix. It's Ruins of an Indian tribe that carved out a village in the side of cliff. Oak creek canyon is a nice ride north out of Sedona towards Flagstaff.

Have fun and keep us posted!