NYC to Newburgh and back, possibly de-tour to NJ skyline drive - July 26th, 2014

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to head up to Newburgh, NY this saturday leaving UES around 11 am. Thinking about riding up on the east side of Hudson, stopping by Motorcyclepedia museum and then heading back down through on the west side, possibly heading west to NJ Skyline Drive. No precise map in mind - I'm mostly going to be testing some gear/setup in preparation for my Indy trip.

Anybody interested in joining?

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Have a good ride!

I hope SOMEBODY joins up with you, but it won't be me. I'll be in the area - driving the Outback - great vehicle, but not my bike :(. I live in WV but we're visiting in-laws this weekend in Stony Point/Rockland County. If you come down the Palisades, give a beep as you pass exit 15 for Gate Hill Rd.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
it was a good ride. learned quite a bit in terms of gear:
- A* gloves run small (ended up turning around and getting my old gloves - the brand new pair of SP-2 is going back to motorcyclegear)
- cheapo handlebar 12V lighter/5V USB charger does not work for my phone.
- Nolan N104 internal visor is a gimmick, imho - too far from your eyes to shield from wind (actually turbulence is created directly behind it) and it doesn't cover well, so i'm going back to wearing my oakleys in the helmet
- Nolan N104, while certainly large it is surprisingly light and quiet
- custom earplugs may have something to do with the latter conclusion

Here are the pics from the museum. It's massive...

Motorcyclepedia - tsakayev

And a special for those of us who don't like the angle of FZ6 handle bars:
IMG_8529-XL.jpg

Last edited:

Judd

Reaction score
Visit site
Wore sunglasses inside the helmet too until I tried a tinted visor. It is awesome and never going back to glasses again! Got the dark smoke for my icon airmada and works well in all daylight conditions and is even ok at night on well lit roads. I just bring the clear visor in my tank bag when touring and easy enough to switch out for night riding.

Just a thought.