New member from uk

costa

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi thought it was about time i joined the group. I have an 07 fz6 that iv had since June last year. I bought it after selling my fz750 . love the bike. Keeps me happy and keeps up with my mates. Iv done a trackday at Caldwell park where it did well and am doing another tomorrow infact at teeside autodrome.
Current mods are

Renthal Bars
Short levers
Hel braided lines all round
Mini fly screen
15T Sprocket
GPR Ghost rear silencer
Rear tail tidy and indicators.

Will be modding more over time but till then i just enjoy using her. Hoping to get a track bike later on this year and im also have a 1979 GS400 street tracker that im currently building.

Heres a pic

need to get some decent photos this year;)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the bestest forum on the interweb (well I think so ;)).
Nice pics, hopefully you'll have a few more after your track day .
Don't be a stranger :thumbup:

costa

Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers guys.

Yep the little flyscreen does actually work. You have to really get your head down over 80 plus to feel the benefit but up to 80 you can sit bolt upright in comfort.

Trackday was very good however it's been wet. And I mean wet. Unfortunately on the 1st session I had the back end slip out on me. Didn't realise how greasy it actually was. Luckily I can't have been going 10mph (really slow off camber uphill lefthander. Really technical but slow) and the crash bungs did there job so nothing wrong with the bike. Last trackday it does though. Don't want to hurt it seriously. Will be purchasing a dedicated track bike shortly.

costa

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:
Your bike looks great!

What do you think you'll get for a track bike?

To be honest anything cheap lol. The ones iv been finding most are the 600 steelies, 600 srads ect but quite fancy either a cb500 or er5. Can pick them up silly cheap and there eligible for the thundersport 500 race series.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
To be honest anything cheap lol. The ones iv been finding most are the 600 steelies, 600 srads ect but quite fancy either a cb500 or er5. Can pick them up silly cheap and there eligible for the thundersport 500 race series.
Definitely post up what you get! I haven't done a track day yet but would like to some day.

costa

Reaction score
Visit site
There addictive. On 1st March I did my first one. I was hooked. Quit smoking the next day and can't wait to got a cheap bike I don't mind crashing. It's a rush dude you will never regret

odachi13

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome! Now track season is come again I'm hoping to have a few more under my belt this season - looking for a new bike that I'll pootle along on rather than flat out try and murder myself on.
The old 600s are ideal for it, you just replace the broken bits with fibreglass that you mould from your original fairing! I'd recommend track-oriented bikes though, a friends ER6 almost blew up from the engine heat and a VFR400 actually did all on the same track.