New exhaust Question/Help?

Chris89002

Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking about getting the new Scorpion cans in SS. I just had a few question that I have been getting mixed answers to, so I thought I would ask it here.
-If I install the new exhaust, does it mess up the tune? Do I need to tune it again, not sure how that works.
I want the sound and it looks great but is it really worth the money to get a new exhaust? Thanks.
O and also, can you feel increased performance with a new exhaust?

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Is your bike completely stock now? As in stock exhaust, stock airbox/filter, and no power commander or other device?

Going with an aftermarket exhaust alone will increase power and airflow, but not substantially. Many people do not need to buy a PC3 and dynotune with just an exhaust, but it will provide an advantage if you decide to do that.

You can probably expect a 5HP~ increase in power by adding a free flowing exhaust. A little more, plus better ridability with a dynotune.

Plus the biggest change with an exhaust is the sound!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just put a set of Scorpion SS cans on my 07. I didn't do any other changes. I can't really tell, by the seat of the pants any power increase but it sounds a whole lot better. Its much deeper at idle and roars when you get on it... Looks really good too... The passenger seat also stays a bit cooler. My friend said it doesn't sound like a 600 anymore, much larger... I like the sound so much, I turn off my stereo just to listen to the engine sing.....

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking about getting the new Scorpion cans in SS. I just had a few question that I have been getting mixed answers to, so I thought I would ask it here.
-If I install the new exhaust, does it mess up the tune? Do I need to tune it again, not sure how that works.
I want the sound and it looks great but is it really worth the money to get a new exhaust? Thanks.
O and also, can you feel increased performance with a new exhaust?

It does not mess up the tune. Although, it wouldn't hurt to reset the ECU. Disconnect the battery and reconnect, that should reset the ECU. If you have an aftermarket air filter on your bike, you might have to adjust the air fuel mixture. 2 ways to go about it, get a PC3 and download the map from their website or get a custom through a dyno run. Or, look in to adjusting the CO settings thread. This method does not require a PC3.

It is a lot of money to get an aftermarket exhaust for the FZ6 because you have to get 2 cans.

The performance boost won't be much noticeable, unless louder sound makes you think your bike is more powerful (I do :D)
+1 on the scorps though, they are awesome!

-Manas.