MRA windscreen review

zamolxes

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I searched the forum to see if there were an threads about the windscreen I installed and none were found. So I said, well, I will post some pics and give you my first impressions after about 500 km.

First, let me state that the FZ6 is my first bike and I love it but many times when I take it out for a spin, it somehow tells me that I am kind of a big guy for this small bike so I had to do a few mods to make it comfortable to ride...

1. TS seat
2. Suburban handlebars (contemplating the clip ons now)
3. MRA wind screen

So let me first tell you that I am now biased, and I think that this is the best screen EVER for these bikes. I have nothing to compare it to but the stock the bike came with. You have no idea what a difference this made to my riding. At 6.2ft and 215 pounds I was feeling the wind pushing strait in my chest or in my upper helmet when I was more on a lined position at higher speeds. Well, this is now solved. The little spoiler really does a great job (see pics below) and the wind I guess is somehow going above my helmet I guess as the only thing I hear is some wind on my ears without feeling the constant push in my forehead that I had to battle before. I tried it at low speeds (50 to 80 km/h) and higher speeds :)D) and all in all it is worth every $180 Canadian I have spent on it.

I do not know all the specs of this wind screen but I know the little spoiler can be adjusted in over 20 different positions. It is of a solid construction and more flexible then the original. It is constructed in such a way that you simply screw it up to the original holes and that is it.

The only negative to this screen that I can think of is the colour. It is dark smoked but nowhere as dark as I would like and they do NOT make a darker one then the one I got.

Hope this helps you out especially he bigger guys out on this forum if you are looking for a replacement wind screen.

zamolxes-albums-mra-windscreen-picture4873-img-1192.jpg

zamolxes-albums-mra-windscreen-picture4872-img-1191.jpg

zamolxes-albums-mra-windscreen-picture4871-img-1186.jpg

zamolxes-albums-mra-windscreen-picture4870-img-1167.jpg

Have a safe and joyful ride,
zamolxes

Last edited:

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you post a link to where it can be found online?
NM, found it at TT: https://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4579
Is it just a spoiler that's attached to the stock screen? Or does it come as a unit?

It certainly looks better than the conglomeration of a CalSci and Laminar Lip that I ended up with ... (but I do love the result)

Thx,
clunk

Last edited:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Is that mounted through your OEM screen?
Couldn't you just get a slightly higher aftermarket screen to do the same thing without the look? Looks almost like you have a starship docking system stuck onto the front of your bike, and its wearing a helmet lens for protection....
Also is there much air flowing between the normal screen and the bolt on? I would think that gap would still funnel air over the fairing under the bolt on

You'll have to excuse my rather negative post, not my cup of tea but interested in the details.

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Is that mounted through your OEM screen?
Couldn't you just get a slightly higher aftermarket screen to do the same thing without the look?

It is a complete new screen that comes with the adjustable lip already attached. I have used one on my Bandit 1250 and now my V-strom. One of the best screens available.... Yes, you can get a larger screen... but that would defeat the purpose of it being adjustable, right? That's the point of the MRA screen... it can be adjusted to suit you needs.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I posted a thread on the seperate MRA vario screen lip here but it was only available in clear or smoke grey (and not black like my Yamaha touring windscreen) so I didn't buy it. There is a complete black vario screen from MRA for the fz6 S2 I'm just to tight to buy it :eek:

Here are another couple of threads on the complete windscreen
MRA sport-touring windscreen
MRA varioTouring windshield

BTW you have to use at least 4 letters in the search function, but you can also use *'s (eg: "MRA*").

Last edited:

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,
I searched the forum to see if there were an threads about the windscreen I installed and none were found. So I said, well, I will post some pics and give you my first impressions after about 500 km.
Could I ask you to try a test???

On my way in this morning, I noticed that at ~50mph w/ my visor up, there wasn't much wind. If I craned my neck up about 1-2", I could feel a dramatic increase (i.e. my screen flows air at about the top of my helmet). Could you do a similar test w/ the MRA?

zamolxes

Reaction score
Visit site

On my way in this morning, I noticed that at ~50mph w/ my visor up, there wasn't much wind. If I craned my neck up about 1-2", I could feel a dramatic increase (i.e. my screen flows air at about the top of my helmet). Could you do a similar test w/ the MRA?

tomorw I will test it for you :D

are you about 6.2 ft tall?

zamolxes

Reaction score
Visit site

OK, yesterday I have tried to do the test for you. So I went from 45 to 60 mph with my visor up. I tried the most upright position I could and wind was getting straight in my forehead. Now this is still MUCH, MUCH less then ever before. My visor was still up and tried the lowest position I could and then I felt very minimal wind around the neck + hearing it on both sides of my helmet. I have not played with the windshield settings so the spoiler was in the most upwards and most far from the base windshield position. Hope this helps!

For those who asked where I bought the windshield from, it is EUROCORSA in Ontario/Canada.

Best regards,
zamolxes

zamolxes

Reaction score
Visit site
I want one for my '05, do they exist too?

might work... as if I am not mistaken the 05 have the same windshield cut. you should ask a dealer or something like that. I bought it @ eurocosa.com. You might call them up and ask to check if it is available or some local dealer in your area...

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, yesterday I have tried to do the test for you. So I went from 45 to 60 mph with my visor up. I tried the most upright position I could and wind was getting straight in my forehead. Now this is still MUCH, MUCH less then ever before. My visor was still up and tried the lowest position I could and then I felt very minimal wind around the neck + hearing it on both sides of my helmet. I have not played with the windshield settings so the spoiler was in the most upwards and most far from the base windshield position. Hope this helps!

For those who asked where I bought the windshield from, it is EUROCORSA in Ontario/Canada.

Best regards,
zamolxes

Thanks for that test. I have a similar setup only mine's a bit taller (and not quite so pretty). I wonder what Twisted Throttles return policy is ???

zamolxes

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for that test. I have a similar setup only mine's a bit taller (and not quite so pretty). I wonder what Twisted Throttles return policy is ???

Hmmm... I do not know but I am pretty sure you will not return it if you buy this screen. BTW, I just came back from a little 200km trip and I can tell you that I love this screen even more now... I actually did not closed my visor at all during the day. I closed it in the evening as it is a bit cold here in Montreal now, and the speed was anywhere from 40 km/h to 140km/h.

The colleague I am riding with has a CBR 600 and it is the firs time he tried my bike with the new screen and he told me he can not believe what a difference that screen makes.

I simply love it!

Rev-A

Reaction score
Visit site
might work... as if I am not mistaken the 05 have the same windshield cut. you should ask a dealer or something like that. I bought it @ eurocosa.com. You might call them up and ask to check if it is available or some local dealer in your area...
The S2 had quite a smaller size cut for the windshield i am afraid. I also e-mailed MRA but they confirmed they don't make this screen for the '04-'06 FZ6 Fazer and are not going to in the future :(.

Last edited: