Most intense dual sport ride thus far! Pics!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Over the weekend me and one of my buddies went out on the klrs, he took me too some great spots with all sorts of terrain and obstacles something I thought I was ready for but quickly realized I was wrong!
First was a spot with some serious hill climbs, the pic does it no justice this was the tallest hill at about 80ft and a min of 60% grade. 1st fall
View attachment 44348
I made it about 2ft from the top on my 1st attempt then got out of the groove and dug a trench, luckily the bike just gently laid over since the back tire was half way burried. 2nd attempt more speed more momentum=hill conquered

When then hit some asphalt on the way to a "mud bog" trail, it was basically just a old dirt road that was so rutted out you could drive at the bottom of a rut and be eye level with a guy riding next to you tires. No pics from this place but this is where fall 2&3 happened. I tried coming out of a rut and the back end just came out and laid over, on my 2nd attempt I figured I would try and give it hell! BAD IDEA!!! This time I hit the side so hard that my highway bar dug into the side and threw me over the handle bars but in the process my reproductive organs introduced themselves to my mirror, they proceeded to get in a fight and the mirror lost by getting its base broke. I stood up never before feeling a pain like that and proceeded to puke my guts out!!!

Time for a cigarette break...

We eventually made it out of there went and ate lunch then went on to Windy Gap ORV trails. They have everything from haul ass trails to goat trails. By this point my confidence is actually better on the dirt even after all the spills so I say Abu what the hell lets hit the goat trail, BAD IDEA!!! It's considered a expert trail which I didn't know at the time and it had rained the night before. The 1st 2 miles of this trail is just one giant boulder field all covered with nice slick mud. I took about a 1hr and 2 more falls for me to get down the rocks and after that I was completely exhausted and about ready to admit defeat!View attachment 44350

But I caught my 3rd wind and we pushed on to some of the best trails and scenes around north gaView attachment 44351View attachment 44352View attachment 44353View attachment 44354View attachment 44355
All in all it was one hell of a day and I can't wait to do it again even though I never knew it was that much of a workout and completely exhausting, just makes me want to quit smoking and and start working out again. And for all my falls and as much hell as I gave the bike I'm surprised it don't look worse! Thanks to bark busters, engine guards, rad guards ets etc etc View attachment 44356

AthensGA37

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like some great country! I first learned to ride on the street on a klr. At the time I wasn't a fan because I didnt think it was "cool." Now that I've fairly matured, I've definitely regained interest/respect in the dual sport world. Specially after a gravel hill climb on the fz to a cabin for the birthday a few weeks ago! Spinning out while loaded with luggage and a line of bikes behind you trying to climb a steep grade was not exactly comforting. Plus I love camping and it'd be awesome to strap some ammo tanks loaded with tent and gear and get lost in the woods! Seeing these pics definitely sparked more interest!:rockon:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I was kind of the same way at 1st, I didn't think I would like the klr much just because of how little power it has but it is a completely different experience and a different kind of fun. Plus knowing that you can go just about anywhere you want is pretty cool too. It would be great if some of y'all also got some dual sports, more people to ride with.