Laguna Seca SBK

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
According to the SBK website, Superpole 1, 2 and 3 as well as Race 1 are all on Saturday, and only Race 2 on Sunday.

That doesn't make much sense to me, unless I am missing something.

Another thing, why does Laguna only host the premier class in SBK and MotoGP whereas the other venues in the US have all classes?

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a money thing. Laguna Seca won't pay enough to host all classes. There's even talk that they might drop Laguna from the schedule after next season.

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If they televised the fan parade laps and you saw a guy wearing a backpack on a black FZ6, that was me. :D I thought it was going to only be one lap but we were able to do three. There was a pace car ahead of us regulating how fast we could go, but I got up around 80 at the highest I think. I wasn't watching my speedo most of the time.
ZHAbyKx.jpg

Last edited:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well as far as TV goes, I set the PVR to tape both races as they were at 11pm our time. Race 1 cut off due to the time delay as they were forming up after the second red flag, and race 2 had F'ing Nascar before it on TV which they overran with time, talking to the drivers and switching to SBK with 8 laps to go in race 2. Bastids!

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One thing I did enjoy about the SBK coverage once I recorded it again and saw everything was the sound when they had the on-bike camera, some of them sounded wicked! Better than the tin can buzz you usually get.

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, coverage was weird. No AMA coverage at all. With the red flags, the very end of race 1 got cut. I think the schedule for the two WSB races was because they were dong the AMA races as well and for TV time (at least in the US).

But, the really BAD news today is they announced Moto-GP will not be at Laguna in 2014.:(