Installed Db killers and changed PC Map.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I bit the bullet today and installed the factory db killers into my Scorpions. I put it off for a month because I just couldn't bring myself to drill the single hole underneath each tailpipe where the securing bolt goes through.
The db killers aren't too unsightly, they sit inside the tailpipes about 3/4" in from the tips. Totally different sound....more of a rasp than a roar compared to the "straight through" Scorp's without the db killers.
I decided to download the "stock FZ6" map to my Power Commander, overwriting the "Scorpions and aftermarket filter" Map, as I always felt it was running way too rich with the Scorpion map.
The difference was quite pronounced, with a very slight loss of the extra "grunt" that I'd come to enjoy between 3000 and 5000 rpm, and no backfiring, which was no great loss. I did a few WOT runs up and down Highway 99, and the bike still has plenty of performance. My seat-of-the-pants dyno gave me the feeling that the bike actually revved higher cleaner than before, so the leaner MAP suits the more restricted exhaust with the db killers installed.
Interesting stuff.
Quite honestly, I find my bike more pleasant to ride with the db killers installed. A little more subdued noise, combined with a lack of 'snatching' in the driveline at lower rpm's. That, and the complete absence of backfiring makes for a very pleasant ride.
Of course, I can always whip out the db killers and make some real noise if Boneman shows up with his Two Brothers. :D