i want this helmet.....N.A. in Australia!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Insurance companies - that would be my problem.

Imagine if you got some sort of head injury and there was no Aust. Stds sticker on it - might null and void your policy - bit of a stickler for things like that. Think the fine print in my policy state that - will double check.

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
ozzie dollar is doing pretty good against the greenback at the mo. Good looking helmet. I'll prob be getting a new helmet with my new bike at the end of the year. That one looks a good contender as i like the flip up helmets.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ozzie dollar is doing pretty good against the greenback at the mo. Good looking helmet. I'll prob be getting a new helmet with my new bike at the end of the year. That one looks a good contender as i like the flip up helmets.

Yep have wanted to try a flip up helmet for a while now, this one, sorta takes that to the next step. I also like the sun visor, and the unique venting system.

My biggest issue, buying, site unseen, would be getting the size right...

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been looking at this one....and it is available in OZ.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaMSXgB3PVA]YouTube - Reevu Helmet rearview helmet at www.reevu.com Promo[/ame]

Awesome idea, and perfect for group rides.:thumbup::rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Those are very cool helmets...:rockon:

This is where I guess I really lack knowledge. Is there some big a$$ tax on stuff coming from the states to you guys and gals down under?:confused:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Those are very cool helmets...:rockon:

This is where I guess I really lack knowledge. Is there some big a$$ tax on stuff coming from the states to you guys and gals down under?:confused:

Dunno...maybe there is a big import duty or something, but am not aware of anything?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Dunno...maybe there is a big import duty or something, but am not aware of anything?

Well then....???? :rolleyes:I guess the problem would be fitting on an item like that. On a helmet you really have to be present to try it on...:(

But on other stuff?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well then....???? :rolleyes:I guess the problem would be fitting on an item like that. On a helmet you really have to be present to try it on...:(

But on other stuff?

Yes, on other stuff, us Aussies regularly buy from international web based accesories shops! Especialy American sites, as the Aussie dollar is trading very strongly against the US dollar...about 90c US in fact.

ADVdrming

Superstar
Reaction score
Visit site
At the end of the day it is a DOT rated helmet so it must be fairly strong....... Looks like the Predator to me , i like it , i like it alot..... GET TO THE CHOPPER :rockon:

Even with the DOT rating on it, I am still concerned with the higher risk of an open face helmet vs. a full face. My thinking is: if the chin strap pops out right away in case on an impact, that would still present the increased risk just as an open face, so, does DOT really make a difference?

I guess i don't fully understand the rating. I think it measures the impact protection of the helmet as a whole, it doesn't necessarily reflect how good the various parts of the helmet absorb/diffuse the impact force.

What do you guys/gals think?

Thanks for the post, nice looking helmet :thumbup:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting point. The actual chin piece itself looked strong enough to me, but the clips holding it looked a bit "'ow ya garn?" I don't think I'd trust them.

As for the ReeVuu. I dunno whether the vid mentions it, but it's supposed to be pretty quiet too from what I've heard (although I can't for the life of me name the scource of this:confused:).

The actual Rear View part of the ReeVuu helmet is supposed to just like looking in the rear view miror in your car. And the bright headlights or sunlight are supposed to be filtered out by refraction I guess.:thumbup:

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
Never realised Givi had so many cool helmets. This one is pretty cool too.

As others say - hard to buy this sort of stuff without trying on. All helmets are different for different shaped melons.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Never realised Givi had so many cool helmets. This one is pretty cool too.

As others say - hard to buy this sort of stuff without trying on. All helmets are different for different shaped melons.

Yes, Givi helmets are definitely schmicko looking! Definitely a lot more racey than their luggage, and top boxes, etc.