Harry Potter Version 6, or whatever

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bottomline up front; this movie sucked A$$!

I've never read a single book nor seen any of the other movies. I've been doing Army stuff for the past three weeks and finally had a night off so my wife and I wanted to see a show. Harry has gotten good reviews, so WTF??? Right? Well after 50 minutes we walked out and got our money back. What a boring movie. When I heard it was almost 3 hours long I knew there was no way I could make it through....

Maybe I'm spoiled on HBO films and shows; Deadwood, Rome, etc...

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
Bottomline up front; this movie sucked A$$!

I've never read a single book nor seen any of the other movies. I've been doing Army stuff for the past three weeks and finally had a night off so my wife and I wanted to see a show. Harry has gotten good reviews, so WTF??? Right? Well after 50 minutes we walked out and got our money back. What a boring movie. When I heard it was almost 3 hours long I knew there was no way I could make it through....

Maybe I'm spoiled on HBO films and shows; Deadwood, Rome, etc...

I haven't seen the latest Harry Potter movie but I heard it did not follow the book as much. I have enjoyed the previous 5 maybe because I read the book first.

Oh and Rome was a really good show. The production values were awesome. It's too bad that they had to cancel it. Check out The Wire or the show that I am currently watching, Mad Men. They are both really good, especially The Wire.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw it with the kids the other night. I really didn't enjoy it, but the kids loved it. The others were a lot better in my opinion, and the ending? Really sucked!

Last edited:

DMP84

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw it with the kids the other night. I really didn't enjoy it, but hte kids loved it. The others were moce better in my opinion, and the ending? Really sucked!

I don't know what "moce" means but if you meant "more better" you shouldn't be reviewing anything...

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had to go with my girlfriend. You should have stayed until about 5 minutes from the end of the movie when the old wizard dude dies, stood up, and yelled "PRAISE THE DARK LORD!".

You would have caused a riot, people would have started screaming and throwing things, and you would have been asked to leave.

Seriously though, it was HILARIOUS when 90% of the theater was bawling their eyes out. I guess I am cruel.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know what "moce" means but if you meant "more better" you shouldn't be reviewing anything...

Excuse my poor choice of words there.

DMP84 where is you opinion on the movie? Did you post just too point out the obvious?

Last edited:

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
i was not a fan. my wife has read all the books and likes the movies. we haven't been to a movie in 3 years (dang kids) so when the in-laws were in town she took advantage of it and got them to watch our kids so we could go watch the movie. gotta say i was less than impressed. not only was it a smidge boring i got really tired of all the kissing. especially looking at who the main audience was... there is no reason (to me) to have multiple make out scenes in a movie who's primary audience is children. that part of the movie just put it over the top and i wasn't even able to get close to drawn in because i was pretty disgusted with all the rest. too bad we weren't 10 minutes earlier or i could have watched transformers while she watched teenaged drama 101.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Can't wrap my head around it. No I mean my brain shuts down. I love CG effects and science fiction. But no H.P. for me. Maybe I'm being a little closed minded but I just fall asleep. I hope I don't hurt H.P. fans feelings. I think it's just me....

Oh yeah and I don't like anything Vampire! What is that?!

Hey maybe this'll turn into the famous H.P. equivalent of an oil thread war!

Only kidding....Sorry Mr. Potter...

Cliff

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
Ha Ha, perfect thread title Pete. I have no idea how many movies/books there are and I definitely don't know their names. Harry Potter 6 cracks me up!

-Nick-

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is for you Harry Potter and your Vampire friends....OK here we go....The Harry Potter Forum Wars

Talk about ATGATT!

Gort

Last edited: