Great Service from Motodynamic!

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
So a few months ago, I bought a used Motodynamic LED tail light from a member on this forum. I only recently got around to installing it due to being at school.

As most of you know already, this tail light has an automatic flash (called stop alert) when you first apply either brake, but then stays solid when you hold the break. This is nice, when it works, because it alerts riders and drivers behind you that you're stopping. I got the tail light installed and wired up and everything worked correctly with the engine OFF.

I finally tested it with the engine running and I found it would flash and go solid, then randomly start the flashing again. I checked the FAQ over at the motodynamic site and showed that it's a known issue on older bikes which require a "voltage stabilizer." Newer model tail lights were shipped with this item, but mine must have been older because it did not come with one.

Long story short, I emailed them letting them know I bought it second hand and that I would happily purchase one of the voltage stabilizers. I got a prompt response (within an hour or so), that asked for a picture of the tail light installed (as proof that I owned it), and my address to ship to. I took the picture and they are sending me the part free of charge.

TL:DR, Motodynamic is a stand-up company who helps both their direct customers and second-hand customers. I will definitely be sticking with them in the future. :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's great support! :rockon:
I'm wondering why an older bike would have a voltage problem as apposed to a new bike. The voltages should be pretty equal. :confused:

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
That's great support! :rockon:
I'm wondering why an older bike would have a voltage problem as apposed to a new bike. The voltages should be pretty equal. :confused:

I'm not 100% certain either, but there are probably some small oscillations which cause the LED's to see a voltage below the "brake on" threshold. I'm just assuming the voltage stabilizer kit they are sending me has a few capacitors and resistors and will just fit in-line with the current wiring to give an output which "acts" like a solid brake signal.