GPS mounting

fazerider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm new to this board and look forward to talking with you.
I was wondering how other people are mounting these if you have any pics of yours feel free to share them here.

This is my 2004 FZ6 with the next generation GPS installed and road tested.
Since I got a deal on a 200W by Garmin and bought an aftermarket $20 rubber cover for it that came with a visor clip. It was modified to fit a handle bar mount I had from an old ram cellphone bracket shown in the last pic. Garmin advertises a handlebar mount for all of there units too but with just the clamp it could pop off in an impact I wanted a better way to secure the unit than just a strap. The visor bracket when attached to the back of the cover has wide area I put a zip tie around and it threads into the cover only so I can remove the unit leaving only the cover and handlebar mount attached to the bike when unattended. The visor clip got 1/8th trimmed from both sides to slide down the handlebar mount groove perfectly with a spacer added in the center to brace the area of the bracket dangling over the cut out in the middle. The spacer was made with piece of scrap carbon sheet and glued in place with 30 min epoxy and thickened with graphite. All I had to do then was drill 2 holes thru the new bracket to get a screw driver onto the bandlebar mount matching the existing holes in the mount.

Thanks, Charlie
2004 FZ6
Surf City, USA