Gear Review: Tour Master Caliber Pants

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, so I pulled the trigger on these pants because I needed something that was A) relatively inexpensive B) Warm enough for winter C) and had short sizing available. :D Price came out to $140 after coupon with free shipping. I am a 34 waist and 5'6" so the medium (short length) pants worked out great. They are true to size and fit pretty well. I was concerned because reviews put them at medium (32-34) and large (34-36) so I was hoping with clothes underneath the medium wasn't too tight as a got a beer belly working. No problems with that so far, worn jeans and belt underneath and was comfortable. However, if you have a pretty big gut, I will add that the pants end somewhere around lower/mid belly not your waist so go a size up if you think that will be an issue because I could imagine that would be uncomfortable. Let me end the debate about these pants I saw in a previous thread, these are overpants. I'm pretty sure you could rock these alone as pants if you wanted but they are definitely bulky once you have them on. I would say they are a slightly less bulky then snow pants (and that is with thermal liner in, I have not tried them without liner as of yet). Knee armor stayed in place pretty well. To the dismay of my pets in the house and in a clear signal that I had too much time on my hands, I practiced falling to the floor at different angles to see if they shifted but they didnt so I was happy about that. They have a zipper going to the knee on both sides and velcro straps that cover them as well as a velcro adjuster at ankle to tighten around boots. At the waist there is zipper in the fly and a flap that goes over and clasps with two buttons, also there are two velcro straps on either side of waist to tighten with if they are too baggy with zipper alone.

Riding Impressions: While they were noticeable walking around, on the bike I completely forgot about em. They have enough strechy bits that I never feel hindered in movement. I didnt specifically see anything on the website about "waterproof" but I can that I was in a downpour for a good half-hour in Jersey yesterday and the pants were warm and dry. For comparison, my jacket and gloves were soaked to the bone so I was surprisingly impressed by that (again thats with the thermal liner in so maybe thats a factor?).

Summary: All in all, I recommend these pantaloons for someone searching for bargain protection without too many compromises. These pants aren't perfect but do the job well enough and wont break the bank. The sizing in length (short, regular, long) is awesome but if you get the short size expect wind around ankle when on bike if you dont have a high enough boot. Looking forward to the Sidi Sport Rains I ordered so hopefully I can throw a review up about those.

(Pics to follow)

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
I had looked at these pants over the weekend, but wanted to wait until I did a little research on them. This sealed the deal, I'll be getting them tomorrow. Thanks for the review!!

Edit - if it helps, here's a pic of one of the tags on these pants (I was looking for waterproof so I took this pic at the store). They're suppose to be waterproof as the OP has confirmed...

Last edited: