FZ6 help me find one!

msfitnetz

Reaction score
Visit site
I am very actively seeking an FZ6. However, I have run into a dilemma. I love the color red which was stopped in 2007. I posted on here for those selling but no one ever is close. I went to dealers and I get a better deal on a 2008 FZ1 which I know is not yet where I need to be. Although it is so pretty EXCEPT for that HUGE side can! This is my second bike so I am still a beginner in my opinion since I was unable to ride much last season. I am not sure about breaking in a new bike and then I would be more apt to fret over any ding, scratch etc. My budget is limited so I might have to finance any bike that gets over 4500, why I consider a dealer and I am not yet mechanical enough to notice things. I am easily distracted by the "coolness" and "pretty color" HAHA.
Here are the prices I have found within DC-MD-VA area:

2008 (new) FZ6 only blue locally 5899 before dealer fees
2009 FZ6R ( I would only consider black) 6599 before fees

Local bikes found:
2008 FZ6 ( 2-5k plus miles) NOT RED! 6500 to 5800
2007 FZ6 ( 1500-10k plus miles) 6300 to 5500 some upgrades on high end $$, not many RED
2006 FZ6 mostly Blue ( 1500-13k miles) 4500 to 6000
2005 and older ( various miles) 4200 to 5000

The disparity on prices is amazing as most bike might have exhaust but most do not.

it has made it hard how to gauge a bike and are people getting these prices?? I checked EBAY sells and Most bikes are not selling in 5K for 2004 -2008 Used.

Any help??

I am so confused as what would work best, I prefer of course the least but the best mechanically I can find. is it better to have a newer bike stock with a long warranty or nice older one I can mod as funds permit?

I will be heading to PA today for the weekend, so I plan to check out the local bikes available. I am eager to get to riding!:(

Thanks for any assistance.

I know somewhat picky but I really like the red every time I see one over all the colors Black might work but um Maybe,. Blue well last choice unless such a deal I would be crazy to pass up.

Luiz

Reaction score
Visit site
Keep looking on cycletrader and on craigslist or a used bike. Don't rule out different colors if the deal is right but use it as a barganaing tool.
( I really like your bike but it's not the color I'm looking for).

But don't let it happen the other way either. (This is my dream bike how much $$$ for it)

Just be patient and keep looking on these forums, craigslist, cycle trader, and local dealers for a used one. An 06 with a few thousand miles should be an easy buy with $4500

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
Way to be picky! The red fz6 is so much sexier than any other color! I know, it's sad that they don't do that color any more! Stick with it! Don't settle for anything else!

Don't worry too much about the mechanical crap. Yamaha makes a great bike and all you really need to do is change the oil and keep the fluid levels up. You can usually find a great deal on an 06 or 07, so I would keep my eyes out for those. I own an 06 and I have never had any problems with it at all.

I often find great deals on my local listings:
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=6041193&cat=144&lpid=

not the right color, but this is a great deal! some pricey mods on this bike...
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=5952565&cat=144&lpid=9

I know, Utah is far for you, but keep looking! There are great deals to be found!

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
what part of PA are you going to be in? Anywhere near NY? I found a couple of FZ's in the Albany (NY) craigslist recently.

Jlip06

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 for craigslist, got my 06 for 4500 with 800 miles, two jackets and a pack. This was last year so I believe i got a good deal. Reds the way to go!!! I look on craigslist at the bikes for sale when i get bored and found a few fz6s for sale and new ones ever couple months... Just keep looking. Good luck!

shamrocker

Reaction score
joshisingreenville.blogspot.com
Just be patient and keep looking. When I first started looking for a red 07, there were a couple but sold before I was ready to buy. When I was ready to buy, I could find none. After I bought my blue FZ6, two red 07s came out of nowhere with less than 1500 miles and lower price. I'm glad I got mine, but if I would have held out another few weeks, I would have found what I was looking for. Good luck in your search! PS, the two red ones I'm talking about are on the Atlanta Craigslist, which is where I found my bike.