Fz6 error 34

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Upon tracing we found out it was connected to injector driver behind the pcb, Thats why i have spark but no gas. However that large square chip(ignition transistor or coil driver) is what makes sparkplugs spark.
I dont know what caused this to blow because i acquired the bike junk and not running.

NEBO

Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting, thanks for sharing your knowledge.
Does ECU replacement simply involve unplugging the faulty ECU, swapping in a new ECU, and reprogramming the red and black keys?
The shop I went to told me the ignition barrel and all keys need to be changed, though I doubt so since the service manual says otherwise.

hun7ter

Reaction score
Visit site
Does ECU replacement simply involve unplugging the faulty ECU, swapping in a new ECU, and reprogramming the red and black keys?
The shop I went to told me the ignition barrel and all keys need to be changed, though I doubt so since the service manual says otherwise.
I believe if you have the red key, you can get just a new ecu without changing the locks. Yamaha should be able to program your red key to run with the new ecu.

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Does your bike have immobilizer, key sign thats blinking red?
Check the ECU code if its 5vx-00 EU version im pretty sure you have immobilizer.
For used ecu you can buy immobilizer bypass.
AFAIK
5vx-10 and 5vx-20 us version is not equipped with immobilizer
What i havent tried was to install US ver. Ecu to my EU ver. Some say its plug and play but i have not seen any solid evidence that it'll work.

However when i swapped my brand new ECU i forgot the red master key method, i switched on the bike with my original spare key and the bike ran with no problem.

Last edited:

NEBO

Reaction score
Visit site
Does your bike have immobilizer, key sign thats blinking red?
Check the ECU code if its 5vx-00 EU version im pretty sure you have immobilizer.
For used ecu you can buy immobilizer bypass.
AFAIK
5vx-10 and 5vx-20 us version is not equipped with immobilizer
What i havent tried was to install US ver. Ecu to my EU ver. Some say its plug and play but i have not seen any solid evidence that it'll work.

However when i swapped my brand new ECU i forgot the red master key method, i switched on the bike with my original spare key and the bike ran with no problem.
Great information thank you.
Yes my bike has an immobiliser, gonna tackle that next and hopefully it solves the issue for good.

NEBO

Reaction score
Visit site
Bro, any updates on your issue?
I ordered and just received the ECU, took about 2 months to come. However my bike has been running fine recently, even rode up to Kluang with no issues. I'm gonna hold off on the ECU replacement until the problem comes up again

hun7ter

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered and just received the ECU, took about 2 months to come. However my bike has been running fine recently, even rode up to Kluang with no issues. I'm gonna hold off on the ECU replacement until the problem comes up again
Damn that's weird, I'm exactly in the same situation. No code 34 and cutting to 2 cylinders in over 3 months, however my exhaust still stinks rich and my fc is 16km/l. I did try running fuel injector cleaner and it improved to 17.5km/l just for that tank. Starting to think it might not be the ecu but the o2 sensor instead. Has your fc improved?

NEBO

Reaction score
Visit site
Damn that's weird, I'm exactly in the same situation. No code 34 and cutting to 2 cylinders in over 3 months, however my exhaust still stinks rich and my fc is 16km/l. I did try running fuel injector cleaner and it improved to 17.5km/l just for that tank. Starting to think it might not be the ecu but the o2 sensor instead. Has your fc improved?
My fc has been the same around 17-18km/l on local riding. Probably 70% highway and 30% stop/go traffic. However during touring where it was 100% highway I've managed up to 20km/l. I've heard from another local fz6 owner that cleaning out his fuel tank filter made noticeable improvement to his overall fc. I've yet to try it though.

NEBO

Reaction score
Visit site
Been having this intermittent error pop up again. Bike would suddenly start running on 2 cylinders, sound very lumpy and have no power. Except now my error code has gone from code 33 to code 34!

I'll take everything apart over the weekend and maybe swap in my other new ignition coil. If that doesn't solve it then the new ECU is going in.