FS / yamaha comfort seat or stock seat

CMH

Reaction score
Visit site
Comfort seat sold.
Stock seat still available.

first I have a stock seat from a 2007 for sale if anyone is interested, excellent condition, never sat in the sun and no cosmetic damage, they say it'll fit 05-09. No other details needed, you know what it looks like. $70 shipped anywhere in USA
I was about 1 day away from sending this to Spencers at Flash Intro Page which he quoted me about 75 for the supracor comfort upgrade, if you are thinking about getting another seat to experiment with, now's your chance.
----
I also have a yamaha comfort seat that I bought very recently from another member on here, I bought it thinking that it would hold me over until I could afford a top sellerie seat and of course not even a month after this purchase I see the exact seat that I would've designed on sale at topsellerie.com for 130 dollars off! (sorry, I bought the last one)
Anyway, this is the Yamaha Gel comfort seat, I did notice a bit of a difference with the gel that might be a much bigger difference if you're heavier than me (I'm only about 165lbs so unless my seat is made by either lazy boy or top sellerie I'm probably not gonna notice much.)
However, the shape of the seat was a bit more comfortable than stock and the carbon fiber pattern on the drivers seat increases grip to reduce sliding while the slope going to the passenger seat is steeper so it holds you in the saddle better, Plus it looks way cooler than the stock seat in my opinion.
Here's a link to the factory picture of the comfort seat, I'll get pictures of mine up tomorrow if anyone wants to see it.
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/accessories/500/ABA-4S821-00-00-500.jpg
I'm looking to get exactly what I paid for it which is $200 shipped. (to USA)
it sells for $260 before shipping from Yamaha and shipping isn't pretty.
Someone please buy this so my wife doesn't kill me for having more than 700 dollars worth of seats sitting around and only one bike. :D

Last edited:

[email protected]

Reaction score
Visit site
I just picked up a new 2009 FZ6 on friday and am looking for a new seat do you still have the gel seat for sale? I was looking into getting a cobin seat or the gel seat I need something more then the stock seat after ridding for 100 miles my but starts to hurt. Any suggestions?

CMH

Reaction score
Visit site
I just picked up a new 2009 FZ6 on friday and am looking for a new seat do you still have the gel seat for sale? I was looking into getting a cobin seat or the gel seat I need something more then the stock seat after ridding for 100 miles my but starts to hurt. Any suggestions?

I'm not gonna lie, from what I hear, you'll get better results out of a Corbin or Top saddlery seat but you'll pay a LOT more. If you're not looking to pay upwards of $450 or wait and hope to get lucky enough to find a used one the comfort seat is a better choice than the stock seat. Like I said in my post, the gel made a bit of a difference for me over the stock seat, I rode about 120 miles with a little bit of soreness and was a bit relieved to have to stop and get gas towards the end, I didn't feel any lingering soreness though, once I got up and stretched for a couple minutes I was fine. I hear that's just from sitting and it's typical with any seat no matter how comfortable, but if you're heavier than me (165lbs) you might notice better results from the gel. I had two people -one of them the previous owner who weighs about 215- sit on the bike with the comfort seat and said they noticed the difference immediately. My wife rides with me sometimes and she likes the comfort seat better too. Plus I think it looks way better than the stock seat, I like the carbon fiber weave look.
I'd be willing to drop the price on the Gel seat to 175 including shipping if you're interested.