First ride at Palomar

FastZipper6

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had my 2006 FZ6 now for 6 days and I'm loving it. I had the last couple days off and I took it to Palomar Mountain. A pretty famous ride in the twisties on S6 and S7 really got me excited. I must say, I haven't had that much fun in a very long time.

In an earlier post I said that I only had dirt bikes and dualsports in the past but this is my first real streetbike. Well, I gotta learn to ride differently. I still went plenty fast but I'm sure I can go faster with some training and practice. I'm looking forward to learning how to lean differently and ride like Rossi. :) Okay, I'm dreaming.

At first, after only having the bike for less than a week, I was a little squirly but after awhile I got my confidence up and was zooming. A few times I had it up to 12000rpm and it rocketed. My only fear, besides wadding it, was getting a speeding ticket. As a professional truckdriver I really don't need that.

Impressions: that bike is a blast. It really is a great touring/commuter bike but it can haul arse too. I had it up to 120 or so and was just plain scared of the cops or I would have gone faster. I HAVE THE NEED FOR SPEED!

One cool thing is that on my way home after the two days of playing around I went to a bike shop and met a guy named Allen that just bought a 2008 FZ6. We're gonna meet up someday for a ride. Cool. He knows a lot more about streetbikes than I do and he can teach me a few things I'm sure.

What a great two days that was. Here's some pics. Not many as I was too busy riding. Notice the seat? The previous owner took some cushion out of it and it sits a little low. That's okay as I'm a height challenged guy myself but it could use more padding. My buttockal area was in some pain. I might get a different seat someday but maybe I'll just get used to that one.

Palomar005.jpg

Palomar006.jpg

Palomar007.jpg

Palomar009.jpg

Palomar012.jpg

Hi Chris I met you at Fun Bike Center Today.I have my new 07 fz6..
I went to Ramona tonight to break in bike...Bike its still tight,but maybe
if your no too busy on the weekend mybe we can hit Julian...

Alain

Hi Alain,

I thought I might spell your name incorrectly. It was good to meet you at Fun Bike Center. Yah sure, let's get together for some great rides.

I thought my next ride would be at Julian anyway. Let's do it.

Let me know when and where to meet you.

Chris.

Palomar is in east of San Diego right? I live in Illinois and went on vacation there and road my cousins cbr600 on and around 94, my first experience on twisty roads like that. I want to move there now!

Nick

Palomar is in east of San Diego right? I live in Illinois and went on vacation there and road my cousins cbr600 on and around 94, my first experience on twisty roads like that. I want to move there now!

Nick
Polly is north county san diego:thumbup:

Thanks for the pics it looks cool! I'll be going for the first time soon, cant wait to see if its much different than Azusa :p

Last edited:
Hi Alain,

I thought I might spell your name incorrectly. It was good to meet you at Fun Bike Center. Yah sure, let's get together for some great rides.

I thought my next ride would be at Julian anyway. Let's do it.

Let me know when and where to meet you.

Chris.

Chris I will give you a call..thanks
Alain

Just thought i'd post in here (no need to create another thread for 2 pics :p )
I went to Palomar for the first time as well. It was awesome! Very nice roads, the twisties are nice and tight, i especially liked all the u-turn curves toward the top of the mountain which i didnt know it is 5000feet high. Anyhow took a pic of the Observatory then did a Panoramic shot of the lake on the otherside coming down from the top ^_^

Second ride at Julian

Yesterday I had a day off and went to Julian, CA and Mt. Laguna. It was a beautiful day but I roasted in my heavy jacket unless I was going fast. Speaking of fast, I got it up to 135mph. Wow, that was fun! I ran out of road or I would have tried for more. It sure felt like there was a lot left.

One annoying problem I had when I finished my 200 mile ride was that my right hand was somewhat numb for the rest of the day and today also. That's strange. Maybe it was the long ride coming back from the mountains and my grip was just too tiring or maybe it was the vibration. I don't know but I hope that doesn't happen every time I ride.

Here's a few pics:

Julian003.jpg

Julian004.jpg

Julian005.jpg

Julian006.jpg

Julian009.jpg

Julian012.jpg

Back