Dual sport helmets opinions - AFX 41DS

Z3R0_zhift

Reaction score
Visit site
I wana ask some opinions on the AFX 41DS helmet. Been eyeing on this helmet for a few months. Went to a local distributor to try it out and talk about some ECE standards as the helmet complies to that aaaaaaaaaand I find the L size ekking heavy as compared to my shoei RF-1200.

Anyone bought this helmet before? It does have this cool look. I was planning to buy this helmet for daily commuting but something just holds me back because of its weight. The features does consist of a peak and an inbuilt visor but ain't sure whether it be good for street/touring wise. Was eyeing on the ICON variant too. Do share your views and whether it's to your liking.

Last edited:

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been in your shoes a few months ago, looked for a DS, and people mentioned it is not good for Highway speeds, as a +ve, it gives more ventilation(very good in traffic), but that leads to noise(at faster speeds), which is not good for ears in long run.
I know it may increase a bit more visibility too.
If you know about the above points, you can compare other DSs available in the market for better picture, if not look for topics like:
road vs dual sport helmet
or similar.

Good Luck!