Denmark - First ride of the season

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I managed to get out for a short 25 mile ride yesterday. It was cold but sunny and had those "Hello god is here" big fluffy clouds where the afternoon rays of the sun come down, were all around. You see I am getting misty eyed already and it was only 25 miles.

I carried my Garmin 305 cycle computer in my jacket to see if it worked on the bike and it did.

The 305 is a clever bit of kit so I will tell you about it. It is for use on my cycle and has a heart monitor so I can find out if I am getting fitter. It measures all the usual bike computer bits but also a lot more.

It also acts as a GPS but does not tell you where to go, well it does but that is a long story. When you plug it in to the PC it tells you where you have been both on a map and on Google earth as well as telling you windspeed, temperature etc.

I often ride off into germany and have no idea where I have been but think that was a great ride I should tell the guys, but can`t. Now I can.

Anyway this was my first ride of the season. Under the map you can click "Google Earth" and even go 3D to see where I went.

I just wanted to see if I could post this and get it to work. There are also some pics on google earth of the area I have taken in the past of the area...well I think there is.

When you click the link a blue screen appears and takes a few seconds to load the map up.

Click Google Earth under the map an advice box comes up..close that and my route will come up.

If you have not played with google earth before have a go, it is fun. You can zoom in and out and even rotate the earth.

Lets see if it works.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/7747875

Steve

Last edited:
This is not on my Tom Tom it is a small cycle computer.

Another good thing with it is that if someone has one of these in Italy for example and uploads a route he has ridden in Italy for the public to see. I can then download it to my device and use it like a GPS to follow his route when I get to Italy. Or check the route out on goole earth in 3D and alter it if I want to and save it for when I get there.

It is a neat box of tricks.

Steve

um, you averaged just over 13 miles per hour?? rofl.....i must be reading that wrong...or am i?

um, you averaged just over 13 miles per hour?? rofl.....i must be reading that wrong...or am i?

Im 50 and a tourer so that is fast for an old f%%t like me. :thumbup:

I will look at that when I get round to it. Did you change the MPH to KPH cos it reads in MPH even though I am in denmark.

Steve

Back