Continental Road Attack 2

buggsy

Reaction score
Visit site
have them on mine have just done a 900 mile trip 2 up with luggage and the back has not squared off at all
had a few slides the first wet ride after they were fitted but they seem to have settled now

Phil_RC_1

07-FZ6, 09-FZ1, 06-R*
Reaction score
Visit site
Do any of you guys have an update (with more mileage) on these?

I'll be getting new tires this spring, so I'm doing a little research.

Raptorman53

Reaction score
Visit site
5,166 miles on mine and still going strong. I'm starting to notice some squaring on the rear now. Overall tread still looks good and the tires still feel great. I'm still hoping I can get 10,000 out of these tires. I should find out soon enough. I estimate I should be at that mark by late summer early fall of this year. :D

Raptorman53

Reaction score
Visit site
I figures some people might want some updated pictures. So, here they are. As of now the tires have 5,234 miles. The first three pictures are of the rear tire. In the third picture the tread bar is barely visible. The last three pics are of the front. As far as the front goes there is no cupping and no squaring. In the last picture the tread bar is becoming visible on the front. I have a 1,800 mile road trip coming up in a month. I'll post up some more pic's after that. :Flash:

Raptorman53

Reaction score
Visit site
My RA 2's are done at 8,041. I was really hoping to get some more miles out of these tires. But, my last road trip did them in. The things I didn't like about the tires are, there are no wear indicators down the center of the rear tire. so, there is no real good way to judge tread depth. I forgot to take a picture of the front which was stating to get some uneven wear down the middle of the tire. The things I liked about the tires are the handling and how smooth they made the bike feel. I think due to the lower mileage and the higher price of these tires I don't see to many people lining up for these. Due to limited selection and price at the cycle shop I ended up going with the Pilot Power 2ct's. I also have a link to another forum were the OP didn't get that many miles out of his.

Continental Road Attack 2 Tires - Update - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
This section
cb2d9b3e-eacb-e23b.jpg

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
So the rear was ready for replacement today at just over 8200km. The front still looks like it will last another 8000 so I put a new RA2 back on the rear. Here are some photos of the wear on the rear. The rep for continental told me the best way to judge the wear on there's is between the tread as the photo shows. View attachment 44877View attachment 44878
And the new one for comparison
View attachment 44879