Comedy Show disappointment rant...

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So every year my wife, mother stepdad and I always go to see a show before Christmas, most years they are late in December, and Christmas related. This year we happened to see that Vince Vaughn and Kevin James (from King of Queens) were doing a stand up show in Philly. We all agreed that it would be a great show and would like to see that instead. BIG MISTAKE. What a waste of 4x $55 tickets.

The seats were good, not very far away at all, but man was it ever cramped. I could actually make a fist and it would not fit between my seat and the seat in front of me, thats how close the chairs were together. My wife is like 5'3" and 110 pounds and HER knees were smashed in the seats in front. It was the worst seat placement ever.

Not only that, but the 2 hour show, ironically named "Vince Vaughn and Kevin James Comedy Road show" HARDLY HAD THEM IN IT AT ALL!! They both came out to start, did a 10 min skit, with some mildly funny banter, then opened it up for some other comedian, he did his little 20 min gig and they came back, did another 10 or 15 min thing, of which probably 2 or 3 min was them showing movie clips. (their skit was how they would improve movies, in this case "Top Gun" so they should a few clips and then did their impression.) Then out came the next guy. another half hour or so, then they were back for 10, same thing dumb skit, had some guy come up on stage and they shot him with a water gun, then the next no name comedian came out, he did his 20 or 30 min thing and then the closed it by everyone singing Journey... Are you freaking kidding me? These two funny as crap guys, and i got to see less than 45 min of them both COMBINED? WTF? Why would you make a tour named "Vince Vaughn and Kevin James Comedy Roadshow" if they are basically only going to be announcers for the next comedian?? If anyone watches stand up, they were both pretty much the guy who says like 4 not funny jokes before he introduces the next act. Neither one did an original joke, or individual stand up, just back and forth talking, then "Our next comedian did....."

If you have tickets to an upcoming show, sell them on craigslist.

2 thumbs down....

</Rant>

:(

Atleast i had fun with the family..

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I could actually make a fist and it would not fit between my seat and the seat in front of me, thats how close the chairs were together. My wife is like 5'3" and 110 pounds and HER knees were smashed in the seats in front. It was the worst seat placement ever.
As someone 6'5" who flies Coach all the time, I can relate... :(
With a couple full-time comedy channels on cable, I doubt that I'd ever go to a comedy show again, especially at $55 a pop! :eek:

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. I work in Manhattan so my gf and I go to comedy clubs every once in a while - and it's hit or miss, to be honest. Comedy Cellar is pretty good, for example (so if you are in this area - it's worth checking out), the first time i went to a comedy club was there - i thought it was crowded (little did i know). Good program, the guys really fired up the crowds - i was laughing the entire time. Next time i went there was maybe 4 months later, and 75% of the program was the same. For one of the comedians, it just wasn't his day.
Figuring, we gotta switch the venue, we went to a different, and I don't know how that place complies with fire safety code - the only possible way people could leave that place in an emergency would be if the walls of that place just folded down. I'm 6'3, 220 lbs, and i gotta say - i could not take a full breath in there - what i thought was single seat was occupied by 3 people! I don't know how the waitresses managed to move among people. The show kinda sucked too - a few good guys, and then one of the guys didn't prepare the crowd and switched to toilet humor, and it started turning people off.

So what i see is - sometimes they just are not having a good day and some venues really try to pack up people. Hope next one will be better.

As for TV channels - maybe it's just me - there is something about the atmosphere of the club and seeing the comedian interact with the crowd, though, of course, nobody will try to stick 3 people into my favorite chair.