Anyone Interested????

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I want to purchase the Swingarm Plugs and Horn Relocator from this site (deprettomoto.com - Specific articles for bike YAMAHA - FZ6 600 04/07) but the VAT cost is rather high. Would anyone be interested in any items so we could lump together shipping and VAT costs? They have some other great components including a reasonably priced rear-set.

The photos below are of the two parts that I am interested in buying (They are available in Black as well).

Please let me know!

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I was actually very interested in that horn relocation bracket and I'd shied away from it because of the VAT (I'm assuming that's the shipping? Or the import tax or something?)

skooter65, if you could iron out the details and want to PM me with them, I might be interested in splitting the shipping with you to cut down on the cost.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was actually very interested in that horn relocation bracket and I'd shied away from it because of the VAT (I'm assuming that's the shipping? Or the import tax or something?)

skooter65, if you could iron out the details and want to PM me with them, I might be interested in splitting the shipping with you to cut down on the cost.

There are a couple things that play into this:
1). They have a 50 Euro Minimum charge (That is not a problem since the two items i would like are more than the minimum)
2). The Shipping charges are a little steep at about 40 Euro
3). VAT equates to 20% of the total price. So assume between 20 and 50 Euro Depending on the total.

I think that if we could get at least two people involved it would make the handling costs worth it.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow...the shipping would be about $50??? That's insane. LOL...I might have the rethink this and fab up something on my own.

The bracket is about $25. The shipping (split two ways) would be about $25. And the VAT would be 20% of the total (of just the items, not with the shipping).

Maybe if you could get a few people in, I'd think about it, but between just two, I'm not sure it's worth it.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow...the shipping would be about $50??? That's insane. LOL...I might have the rethink this and fab up something on my own.

The bracket is about $25. The shipping (split two ways) would be about $25. And the VAT would be 20% of the total (of just the items, not with the shipping).

Maybe if you could get a few people in, I'd think about it, but between just two, I'm not sure it's worth it.

My thoughts exactly! The parts seem to be reasonably priced but the shipping to the US is killer.

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
Depending on when you order I'd be interested in the chain guard. Things are a little tight as far as my budget right now, but the 15th is a 3 week paycheck :D

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Now I've seen a picture of the horn relocater bracket,it wouldn't be a big task to knock one up out of ally.

gjpollman

Reaction score
Visit site
You shouldnt have to pay VAT since it is not being sold within the country.... when I lived in the UK (US Military) we were given VAT exemptions, so I would ask the company about it they probably dont charge VAT if its leaving the country.

Last edited:

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
If something is being shipped directly from the UK to the US it is technically being exported and therefore is exempt from VAT. Even Amazon.co.uk does not charge VAT of stuff being sent to the US (helps defray the shipping costs)

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You shouldnt have to pay VAT since it is not being sold within the country.... when I lived in the UK (US Military) we were given VAT exemptions, so I would ask the company about it they probably dont charge VAT if its leaving the country.

If something is being shipped directly from the UK to the US it is technically being exported and therefore is exempt from VAT. Even Amazon.co.uk does not charge VAT of stuff being sent to the US (helps defray the shipping costs)

Definitely going to check into that. That knocks at least 25 euro off the order with a single part alone (if the VAT is exemplified).

Anyone else interested...looks like we have a couple people. It doesn't have to be for the horn kit either; they have a bunch of other great products.

bushboarder

moved on up
Reaction score
Visit site
I want to purchase the Swingarm Plugs and Horn Relocator from this site (deprettomoto.com - Specific articles for bike YAMAHA - FZ6 600 04/07) but the VAT cost is rather high. Would anyone be interested in any items so we could lump together shipping and VAT costs? They have some other great components including a reasonably priced rear-set.

The photos below are of the two parts that I am interested in buying (They are available in Black as well).

Please let me know!
Hmm, I'd be interested in the Horn Relocator but I don't want to have to rewire it. I just tried to see if the horn electrical wire was long enough, and it's not. I hate soldering.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm, I'd be interested in the Horn Relocator but I don't want to have to rewire it. I just tried to see if the horn electrical wire was long enough, and it's not. I hate soldering.

One step ahead of you! When I went naked and changed the horn position; I needed to lengthen the connection wire. A few simple crimped spade connectors and a length of wire negated any soldering. Check out the pics...just an idea :)

bushboarder

moved on up
Reaction score
Visit site
One step ahead of you! When I went naked and changed the horn position; I needed to lengthen the connection wire. A few simple crimped spade connectors and a length of wire negated any soldering. Check out the pics...just an idea :)

Oh all right, I'm in for the Horn Relocator if you can tell me what type of wire you used. I'm an electrical idiot. :Flash: I just went naked and want to get the horn out from under the headlight.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
187.jpg

UM...... WOW!!!! these look cool!

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
if the fork caps that allow for adjusting preload were in stock, that would be my choice. But they are not. Booooo!

Last edited: