A very "special" Nintendo Wii.

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
Hopefully I don't break any rules posting this!

I have a white Nintendo Wii in great condition, with software modifications. Before I go any further, I want to clarify that...

- Everything is completely and easily reversible
- System has never been opened or disassembled

The system has the best softmod you can get. I'm a software engineer and believe me when I say I researched this for days before I picked the appropriate software. The system looks and functions completely normally except for having two additional channels - The Homebrew Channel and the USB Loader GX Channel.

With the system comes a 80GB laptop drive inside of very nice $50 Rocketfish powered drive enclosure. This HD holds a ton of games, and you can load them all directly from the USB Loader GX channel. I can provide screenshots if you want, but it's really nice - there are several view options, the program automatically downloads cover and disc art from the internet to display your collection, and it really doesn't look like any sort of hack.

If you would like to remain completely legal while doing this, it's easy to do so. While you can download your own games and put them onto the drive, the system will automatically ask to copy a game that you put into the system if it's not already backed up. IE you own Super Mario Galaxy, you put it in the system, the Wii says "Hey, do you want to back this game up?". If you hit "yes", it automatically does all of the work for you, gets the artwork, and you can continue to play without the disc whenever you want.

I have the Wii System, 2 white remotes, 1 black remote, 2 Wii Motion Pluses (1 black, 1 white), Energizer Induction Charging Mat (Let's you charge two of the remotes simply by resting them on top of it, no plugs, no metal connections, nothing), 1 nunchuck, the external drive with enclosure, and 1 classic controller.

If you have any questions about the capabilities of this system, let me know. The main benefit of this is that once you set it up to your TV, you literally never have to buy a game again. Or you can if you want, it's up to you. If you buy this I will also help you set it up, figure out how to change settings, pretty much be your Wii Tech Support guru for the first 60 days after you purchase, via email, phone, AIM, whatever is easiest for you.

I am asking $200, which is the cost of a new Wii - the HD comes with over 15 games, plus all of the accessories with it easily make it worth it. Let me know if you have any questions!

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
i want to do something similar to my wii, any pointers on what's the best route to take for this? good luck with the sale!

To do the mod I did you will need a 1 GB SD card, and an external drive + usb enclosure (or all in one usb backup drive). You can use a flash thumb drive, but I would suggest at least 20GB of space... some games only take up 300 or so MB, some take up 4GB. Just depends on the game.

I had a guide hosted on my server but my idiot partner crashed the node while deleting other things, so I'm waiting for a restore. It was a private guide from a private forum so I can't link you directly to it, but once my server comes up I'll shoot you a PM. In fact, send me a PM in a couple of days to remind me and I'll hook you up.

Anybody else, if you want a Wii that has all of the hard work done for you, this is a good deal! I'm also willing to negotiate trades for pretty much anything, but specifically stuff for my bike! I would be totally willing to trade this just for bike stuff.

BusyWeb

Reaction score
Visit site
Ha ha ha...
You have very impressive signature...

if ($your['bike'] != 'fz6') { die('fail'); }
:rockon:

I've little experience with scripts, so converted to other version for fun..
======================
If YourBike <> FZ6 Then
GOTO: DIE
Else
GOTO: LIVE
End If

#DIE: Bored AndAlso Slow
#LIVE: Fun AndAlso Fast
======================

PS: I have white Wii remote control without Wii system.
And I use it as my computer mouse... ^^;

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
Ha ha ha...
You have very impressive signature...

if ($your['bike'] != 'fz6') { die('fail'); }
:rockon:

I've little experience with scripts, so converted to other version for fun..
======================
If YourBike <> FZ6 Then
GOTO: DIE
Else
GOTO: LIVE
End If

#DIE: Bored AndAlso Slow
#LIVE: Fun AndAlso Fast
======================

PS: I have white Wii remote control without Wii system.
And I use it as my computer mouse... ^^;

Lol, what is that, BASIC? It reminds me of what I used to make little games with on my calculator (TI-89) in high school.

BusyWeb

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok.... How does that work ??? :confused:

I got this today, sorry to late response; i didn't subscribed??

Anyway, you can find the way with search "wiimote hacks" or "wiimote pc" Web Serarch.

With labtop and bluetooth available or desktop with bluetooth dongle, you can control PC (notebook) with wii controller.

Very easy, just download some free-built application (or build as needed, not hard but not necessary), install on your computer and run.
That's it... ha ha ha

There are many applications available at the internet; Whiteboard, Remote PC control, Drawing, and etc...

It's very fun to using it while on the bed and my pc monitor as Projector... ha ha ha

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
I know bumping this is stupid because this particular board isn't terribly active, but I would much rather sell it on here with the mods than undo everything and waste all of the time I put into modding it to put it on ebay.

Feel free to throw any offers at me, whether you think it's lowballing or it's a trade or anything else. I would love to trade for bike stuff or entertain your offers, and I would much rather have this go to a loving FZ6er home! I mean, the worst that can happen is I say "no". Buy this so I can pay rent or, even better, not pay my rent and mod by bike! :rockon:

CMH

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd like it but I really don't have much to offer.. really all I've got for the bike that I need to get rid of is a stock seat and I'm sure you don't have a need for that and I can't cough up 200 bucks right now cause my wife would kill me and then I wouldn't be able to enjoy all those free games! I do have about 50 DVD's, a Ping Golf Driver and a car amplifier that I want to get rid of. If any of those or any combination of them spark your interest by all means let me know.

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
I'd like it but I really don't have much to offer.. really all I've got for the bike that I need to get rid of is a stock seat and I'm sure you don't have a need for that and I can't cough up 200 bucks right now cause my wife would kill me and then I wouldn't be able to enjoy all those free games! I do have about 50 DVD's, a Ping Golf Driver and a car amplifier that I want to get rid of. If any of those or any combination of them spark your interest by all means let me know.

I'm not really interested in any of that stuff, I actually have some car amps and no car to put them in! Anyways, like I said, the free games make it a pretty cool deal so if you can come up with something else to trade or can talk your wife into it feel free to let me know. Like I said, I would prefer to avoid the ****storm that is in eBay, so if you want to shoot me an offer lower than 200 maybe we can work something out. Thanks for the reply!

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
It is illegal to sell a console, so-modified. Then again it's illegal to speed and that's discussed, so I'm not sure the admins care (for reference, eBay does not allow this). Either way, not cool, in my opinion.

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
It is illegal to sell a console, so-modified. Then again it's illegal to speed and that's discussed, so I'm not sure the admins care (for reference, eBay does not allow this). Either way, not cool, in my opinion.

It's illegal to sell fraudulent copies of the software, but I am legally (according to law, maybe not forum rules) allowed to modify the console in any way I wish and as long as you're only backing up games you have purchased on your own, everything is fine. If this is seriously going to be an issue I can wipe the harddrive at which point I am selling a Wii system with custom firmware and an external USB drive. We cool? Wanna ride bikes?

Also, Maveth, I replied to your PM a few days ago. Were you still interested? Haven't heard back from you. My PMs are kinda messed up in this browser, so if you did reply and I'm just too dumb to see it let me know. Thanks!

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
Just an update - Wii sold for $200 but I am happy to help anybody who has modding questions or questions in general. I've been modding stuff for ~5 years and I work at Gamestop so I am pretty much a plethora of videogame knowledge. If you live in the New Port Richey, Florida area I am also happy to mod your stuff for you (and maybe go for a ride, I have nobody to ride with :() if you bring it to me.