25,000 miles of data

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yeah, and strangely I found that I get better mileage when I drive South versus the other directions.

It's because as you drive south, especially due south, you are driving toward the equator and thus accelerating at an ever so slight rate due to centripetal force (driving out toward the equator), whereas driving north you would experience the exact opposite effect. Driving due east and west should be right in the middle, theoretically.

EDIT: congrats on all that data Travis, that takes dedication right there!

EDIT 2: my statement above applied in the northern hemisphere - south of the equator it's the opposite of course :D

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Go your hardest Humpy....i have been a bit freaked out by my fuel comsumption on Pinky lately...taken it back to full Oem Spec, and got rid of any aftermarket "performance" add-on's, and i have been riding it in super conservative mode, and i am getting crazy numbers, like 260km's a tank....a figure i have never known from either of my FZ6's before!

Wioll be interested to see how 2 panniers, a top box, a tank bag, all full of gear, and a pillion will make???? It's gonna be a heavy load to trudge about with!

In fact, i am lucky if i get 180km's out of a tank on the black bike!!!

:thumbup:

Like I said in the Tassie thread , if driving trucks taught me nothing else it did teach me to be economical :thumbup: As 394 k's out of 18.69 litres in the FZ6 shows :eek: So angry that I fuelled up & didnt make it to the 400k's I wanted but ohh well I know I would have got there if I let it run dry :thumbup:

The XJR gets around 360ish clean so im guessing , 280 - 300 in touring mode :eek: ;)

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Really, no one is going to question my bullsh*t post above? LOL

I made that up ... it "feels right" but I have no idea if it's actually true or not. I expected Travis to come up with a mini-tome explaining why that is probably not true. :BLAA:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I made that up ... it "feels right" but I have no idea if it's actually true or not. I expected Travis to come up with a mini-tome explaining why that is probably not true. :BLAA:

I like it too much to mess with it :)

I have no idea if it's true or not either. Sounds good though!

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

What's to argue with? That's the exact explanation that I was going to post. And I should know..I rode south with Travis and saw the effects of your theory first hand. :thumbup:

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
25,000 miles and keeping track every time you fill up the tank, that is dedication.

I remember I only kept the receipt when I put something like 4.5 gallons but I haven't kept any data.

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Holy smokes, I think that fuelly thing is not worth the trouble. I went to the trouble to convert my data to the right format with proper headings and in CSV format, but it won't upload. I've contacted the admin, but I'm seriously not interested in spending a lot of time on this - I have an extremely workable system. Sorry y'all

EDIT: I had a setting wrong. The admin contacted me and we got it fixed. I'm on there as, you guessed it, Chemiker. I had to omit some tanks as I didn't have complete data, but a good number of them are in there.

Last edited:

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Amazing!! I couldn't tell you what vehicle I last put gas in, let alone how much, where, or even what I was wearing..

Basically, the only charting I do it the following:

6e935435-40cf-4883-8d5e-42c7e222dac6.png

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just noticed that out of 143 tanks now, I've only gone over 50mpg three times. All three were last summer, while on road trips. And they weren't on commuting days, but fun twisties days.

Taku

Not a senile member.
Reaction score
Visit site
And from taht we come to a conclusion that everybody should do their trips trough twisty roads eh? :BLAA:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the information Travis. I have been using the Fulley deal and it is pretty easy to use. Of course my Fulley name is MXGOLF. I only started reciently so I don't have many for the FZ6 but lots for my Toyota Tacoma truck. I'm curious how my mileage will be with my new Leo Vince Exhaust?

:rockon: