Skydive Pepperell Blue FZ6 sighting

JohnP

3rd Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was at Motomarket earlier. It was such a nice day I decided to take a ride up to watch the skydiving action. I love watching those guys (and girls) do their stuff....maybe one day I'll give it a try. Have you ever tried jumping out of perfectly good plane, or do you just watch like me?

John

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
I was at Motomarket earlier. It was such a nice day I decided to take a ride up to watch the skydiving action. I love watching those guys (and girls) do their stuff....maybe one day I'll give it a try. Have you ever tried jumping out of perfectly good plane, or do you just watch like me?

John

I does look like a lot of fun......for someone else:eek:

My father was a private pilot for 30 years and I also had my ticket for 10 years, I don't fly anymore as my it make my wife very nervous...I tried to explain to her that planes don't just fall out of the sky and most crashes involve some form of pilot error.

Anyway, it's against my nature to "Jump out of a perfectly good airplain"!;)

Besides.......

I'm afraid of heights:eek:I would probably have a heart attack on the way down:rof:

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
I suggest skydiving to everyone. I went one time with my older brothers. For $200 and signing your life away you get a good 15-20 minute air plane ride up then a sweet free-fall(mine lasted 59 seconds) then a nice comfortable 5 minute parachute landing. It doesn't feel that crazy or scary at all. You just feel like you are floating and the world is moving towards you.

JohnP

3rd Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Bill, my father was an Air Force Pilot. I grew up on A.F. bases, and wanted to be an Air Force Pilot. But my eyesight did not cooperate, not good enough for the USAF.

About 10 years ago I got my ticket too. I only flew for a few years, just too expensive to keep going, and my wife was not a big fan as well. At least I fulfilled one of my lifelong dreams...

John

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey cool stuff...I love flying and hope someday after the Family has grown up (two boys 3 and 5 y/o) that I will get a chance to return to flying...I miss it alot:(.

Great to run into others how have met the challange of flying:cheer:.

Funny thing for me was for the last couple of years of flying, I was flying out of Fitchburg...renting thier planes and I flew over my house every time I was on down wind for 32.....funny to live here now and watch all the planes flying over head.:rolleyes:.

Oh well maybe some day...in the mean time I am looking to return to the "Model Airplane" hobby after a 10 year hiatus....I am hoping in the next 5 years my boys will take an interest in that hobby....

Did I mention I LOVE flying?...:rof:

later...