washing my bike.

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Before I rolled off the lot, this guy who worked where I got my bike told me to wash my bike 1ce per week. He said hot water and soft cloth. Well, I took his advice and i'm amazed how clean I got my bike. Looks showroom good again hehe. Dust was pileing up too.
center stand makes doing anything to this bike a lot of fun, dont you all agree?

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know, haven't washed my bike yet! I have only had it for only two weeks (150 miles). It is starting to get dusty though.

W

wrightme43

Yes indeed. LOL I love washing and cleaning my baby.
He gave you great advice too.
While you are washing it, your inspecting it. Feeling all the parts and your brain remembers what it is supposed to feel like, look like, and how everything goes together.

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
Once a week is how I do it too, but cool water is better to use for washing because it won't dry as fast and cause those pesky water spots. The only time I use warm water is in the Winter to keep my hand from braking off on those coold days. I also spot clean mine every day with waterless car wash but I'm kind of a vehicle neat freak. My wife hates it. LOL

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
indeed

I didnt think of it that way but your right. Good time for a visual inspection. I really had to work hard on the back wheel, there was a lot of gunk probably from the chain slinging the oil. I used JP chain oil today and gave the chain a real good rubbing.
My bike makes my heart sing.
Bike gets a lot of attention.

hobbit

Short fat and hairy :))))
Reaction score
Visit site
never use warm or hot water to clean a bike in the UK the salt that is put on the roads in winter is activated by the warm water and starts the corrosion process even quicker, washed and polished with a Flash gun which is soap/rinse and drying agent all in one:D

bikerider

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use cold water. After i wash it and inspect I use Honda cleaner to polish it up. Or I just go to a bike wash and watch the Ladies wash it for me. :D So fun washing the bike. :Sport:

gr8eyes

Reaction score
Visit site
Its a spray cleaner similar to plexus. It polishes as you put it on and leaves a coat of wax. When you go to clean the bike it cleans up real easy.

RE: Cleaning the gunk off the wheels. I've found spraying them with liquid green and letting them sit for 30-45 seconds, then washing off will clean them really easy.

Glenn

Ferris

Reaction score
Visit site
Its a spray cleaner similar to plexus. It polishes as you put it on and leaves a coat of wax. When you go to clean the bike it cleans up real easy.

RE: Cleaning the gunk off the wheels. I've found spraying them with liquid green and letting them sit for 30-45 seconds, then washing off will clean them really easy.

Glenn

I just use McGuyers or 3m Quick Detailer. Same concept, but cheaper and dual purpose since I use it on my M Roadster too

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got through giving mine the once over with a lot of soap, water, armour all, and Mothers detailer. It turned out great.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
wow, that looks nice. You've inspired me. I was on the once per month plan, but maybe I will step up my game.

This was my first real wash since I bought it new in July!

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
I wash it when it needs it.... depending on use

I use water & car wash soap and soft rags then Blow it dry with the leaf blower.

I Love the Honda Spray mentioned above it is only $6.00 a can and a can seems to last forever.

------------------

B

Bo67

Once a week here. Cold water (warm in the winter), never hot. It's dusty where I live and I'm cheap so instead of a waterless cleaner I just bought a 98 cent spray bottle from W-Mart and filled it with the 98 cent a gallon distilled water from W-Mart (it's the stuff I top the coolant resevoir off with when needed). Works good for me. As for wax, I use Zymol; it's 100% organic (no petroleum distillates) so if I'm ever really thirsty I guess I could drink it. Lots of good waxes and polishes out there though; all better than the can of Simoniz paste wax the old man used to hand me when he wanted his Vista Cruiser shined up.:Flash:

-Bo