Review: TourMaster Intake jacket

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It finally arrived! Seven weeks on backorder, finally got my "Tall" jacket! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I'm very pleased. Ordered an XL Tall, and it fits me perfectly. The outside is an abrasion-resistant mesh, and also holds the shoulder, elbow, and back armor. Zip up front, velcro wrist straps, adjustable snaps at the forearm and bicep to tailor the fit to your arms (I guess to prevent flapping in the breeze) and velcro waist adjustment. Came with two liners, one a lightweight "wind & rain" blocker, and the second a heavy quilted one, feels warm and heavy enough to ride my bike year round (assuming the roads are clear!). I rode about two hours this morning, temps 80 to 90 degrees, sans liners, and it was very cool and comfortable, breeze goes right thru the mesh. Plenty of pockets, including hand warmers, sunglasses, map, and a smaller hidden one near the zipper. Mine is black and two shades of silver, with reflective piping all around and a reflective triangle on the back. Ventured out of my local neighborhood and drove around Ogden a bit, will probably attempt the Interstate for the first time this evening. Good coat, I'm happy with it. :thumbup:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Botch .... are you a skier? I love skiing near Ogden. Some nice roads for riding heading up the canyon then over towards Snowbasin.
Oh yes I'm a skier, it's the only thing that keeps me here putting up with the mormons (well, a cool job helps too). I'm looking forward to taking the bike up Ogden canyon, but want to get a bit more experience first down here in the valley. Plus, TWO bullet bikers bit it up that canyon just last week, neither moron was wearing a helmet, both were passing across the double yellow, on curves... :mad: Two more senseless obits...

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same jacket in grey. I love it because it is so comfortable. I use the snaps on the sleeves to make sure the elbow armor stays in place.

I feel pretty well protected from a shoulder, elbow of back inpact. Not so sure about a slide. I e-mailed Tourmaster asking about the abrasion resistance of the armor link mesh and this is what they said:

"Thank you for your interest in Tourmaster.com. The Intake jacket shell is made of armor-link mesh material which is Tour Master and Cortech's original abrasion resistant mesh technology. It has been explained to me that our Armor Link mesh is equivalent to a 500 denier Carbolex material."

I'm not sure that I believe that but it sounds good. I asked them for abrasion test data but they have not responded yet.

BTW, I also have the Venture air overpants.