Just bought an '05 FZ6-N!

Onstar

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys! I'm new to these forums and decided to join since I just picked up my FZ6-N over here in Spain. I moved here about a year ago from Virginia where I owned a YZF600R for a short time while i studied (I'm American btw).

The bike is a naked black 2005 with 13,000km on it, aftermarket seat, Yamaha windshield and luggage on the back. I haven't been able to ride it much since I don't have my license yet but it should be in next week. Well, it better be cuz I need to drive the bike down to Barcelona for my new job.

Here are some pics! I'll get better ones when I can take the bike somewhere nice.

img3875largeht2.jpg

img3893largeak1.jpg

img3891largevk3.jpg

So first impressions? Well it seems like a very solid bike. I noticed the tranny being a bit rough at low speeds, but it had a real solid feel to it. I also experienced a little throttle quirkiness when i was trying to get the bike into the garage. But maybe thats just me not being used to it. Other than that the bike is beautiful and I really can't wait to open her up on the highway. I just hope that dinky windshield does something :)

W

wrightme43

Nice, I like the euro spec models especially the black. The seat and luggage rack look nice.

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
+1

Where did you get the seat? It looks so comfortable.

Welcome aboard! :Sport:

jfreakman

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to restate my previous statement.

I want to know where the seat is from...it looks pretty great and comfy.

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome! I bet you really like accessory attached to your seat called an FZ6.
I mean, with a seat like that it's nice to know there's an FZ6 under it to provide wheels and a engine to take it from place to place so everybody can gawk at it's awesomeness. LOL

Nice seat! Oh yeah, the bikes okay too. LOL

:Sport:

Onstar

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha, hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome!

Sorry I didn't get back to you guys sooner about the bike.. opps, i mean seat. >.< but I just moved to another city and didn't have internet for a while. Well.. The seat is NIIICEE... soo comfy and looks great also. I have no experience on the stock FZ6 seat but i hear its rough. I'm not too sure who makes it cuz the bike is still at my old place, but as soon as i get it (hopefully this friday) I'll post the manufacturer. The shop where I bought my bike had a bunch laying around. They run around 330euros I think.

S

sportrider

thanks again!!! one of these days I'll actually remember the U.S. exchange rate as well as the Metric system...

Onstar

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so aparently the seat is made by a company called Bagster. I found their site and it says they're located in France. Bagster Dunno if they export to America.

Rode the bike around more. All i can say is that SPANISH ROADS SUCK!! well the roads don't suck, but the traffic signs and the way everything is set up is horrible. I miss US intersections and street signs. Why don't Europeans use street signs...

Oh and the conversion is 1.37 us to 1 eu. But watch out, it keeps going up, muahahaha

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
O 330 euro is alot for a seat isn't it??

I bought mine yesterday too...just sorting out insurance now so it should be in my possession this coming thursday!! :)

Your bike looks great, the naked version really has alot of character. I wish I could get one but my long journey time will mean full fairing is the only way. I hope your licence comes in soon...enjoy it! :)