Thatcham launch new testing standards for Motorbikes

MarkyG57

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dear Reader

I went to the Thatcham HQ near Newbury (UK) today, to be at the launch of their security rating for new Motorbikes.

This is just the first step in an ever evolving process that will grow and adapt as the main bike producers bring their new products in to the same testing process to reduce theft as what happened in the late 1990's to help bring down Car Crime.

The link to the site is as within this message and I hope that you will find if of use.

Best wishes

Mark
thatcham.org | New Vehicle Security Ratings | Motorcycle Search

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Mark, so as I read it the S2 has 3 stars out of a possible 5 which is the highest rating shown on this site.
Does this mean that you need to have a separate alarm to get 4 stars or more :confused:

Last edited:

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice one.:thumbup:

The Body shape descriptions for some of the bikes are bit off. Since when has a Bandit been dual purpose, or a B-King. I'd like to see the B-King do a bit of mud plugging. :D

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
It doesn't indicate whether that's just with the standard immobiliser, or whether it takes into account the alarm upgrade to make it cat 2:1. Not going into the detail doesn't help that much, since it could be taken as an indication that the alarm upgrade adds nothing to security.

:confused:

MarkyG57

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all.

Thanks for replies to date, I will contact my Thatcham Contact to see if he will provide a better explanation of how they arrived at scores and post his comments.

Mark