More light for the backend

IAMJUSTIFYD

Reaction score
Visit site
Just picked up an 07 FZ6 this past Sat. and looking to get some running lights for the back. I'm really not wanting to splice wires. I just came from a bike where I had to do a lot of work on it and I just don't feel like messing with anything right now. Any ideas on what I may could use, at least for night riding, that may use a battery. Only thing I can find is maybe an LED light that would go on a bicycle.
Thanks!

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Just picked up an 07 FZ6 this past Sat. and looking to get some running lights for the back. I'm really not wanting to splice wires. I just came from a bike where I had to do a lot of work on it and I just don't feel like messing with anything right now. Any ideas on what I may could use, at least for night riding, that may use a battery. Only thing I can find is maybe an LED light that would go on a bicycle.
Thanks!

Lots of people will upgrade their taillight to an LED/Integrated system like the Motodynamic one (though I remember there were some quality issues with Motodynamics)

if you're looking for more intense mods - one thing I did was drilled some holes into my sidepods and stuck rubberized LED lights into them for use as additional turn signals.

Splicing is the way to go (and it's really really easy to do) if you actually want something that will be visible. You could get little red LED strip lights and stick them to your license plate, tap into your running light wire from the turn signals and you'll have a lot more visibility. If you need more than that, look into putting some LEDs on the footpegs/subframes, reflectors on your swingarm/license plate, and wheel striping. Reflective tape is pretty awesome too - if you need any ideas look at advrider.com - those guys love visibility.

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
Buy some Posi Tap connectors, no stripping or cutting any of the wires on the bike. Then, buy some hyperlites, super bright and come in a variety of flash/non flash configurations. A little pricey but they come with a pack of posi tap connectors already.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a set of hyperlights in the back and i am told they greatly increase viability (when i press on the brake) i don't have any good pictures to show you, but they are worth a look!! :thumbup:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a set of hyperlights in the back and i am told they greatly increase viability (when i press on the brake) i don't have any good pictures to show you, but they are worth a look!! :thumbup:

+1 on the above.

Bright LED without any adapters, comes with "Posi taps", not plug and play but very simply to install. I have it set up for running light and flashing brake light. One single unit is plenty bright. It is definitly brighter (running and brake) than the stocker...

BTW, after many years(at least 5 years) (had one on all my bikes), the control unit (very, very small) worked intermediatly. I called Hyperlights up, they had a new control unit in the mail ASAP, no charge, no questions, EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Hyperlites Flashing led motorcycle brake lights, runing lights, and turn signals, Standard Dual Function

I did have to move the reflector up slightly (silicone) to fit the light above the tag...

Last edited: