My Leo Vince Install (Pics & Vids)

AdamFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I managed to find myself a 2nd hand Leo Vince exhaust system on eBay for £223 (not bad i think). Came with everything including the original box:

This is how the bike started:

I then removed the seat, side panels, Givi Top box and mounts:

Then came off the rear fairing:

I then removed the number plate and indicator mount:

Off came the inner seat box to gain better access to the exhaust system which was easily removed:

Then i installed the Leo Vince including the de-cat:

Pretty easy to install, not sure why people moan about how difficult the Leo Vince is to install.

Here's a couple of vids, one with no exhaust but still had the cat in and one after the LV install without DB killers:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dn5JNwJQA0]FZ6 - No Rear Silencer - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENNVuyASvak]FZ6 Leo Vince Exhaust / No DB killers - YouTube[/ame]

It was SOOOOO loud without the rear silencer !! :eek:

Hope someone finds this useful :cheer:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you re-install the top case? I ask because I could not use the aluminum spacers due to the fact that they block the mounting bolt( screws into sub frame ) for the "wings" that wrap around the LV's cans.

JasonB

Reaction score
Visit site
I was watching that same auction actually. Didn't put a bid in because I've just started looking for a replacement exhaust system for my bike and wanted to find out how much pipes were going for.

The cans looked like they had a fair few marks on them in the photo's that I saw on eBay, how well did they clean up?

Have to admit they sound good and I'm gutted now that I didn't put in a bid myself. It just means I'll be scouring eBay for a used bargain a bit longer though ;-)

Oh and yeah, just to echo MotoJoe122's comments, have you got the rack and top box back on as well? I've got a full Givi PLX rack and top box mount on my bike, and one of my concerns is that putting on a set of after market pipes will foul either the rack mounting or the top box mounts.

long101

Reaction score
Visit site
About how long did the install take?

I've had an exhaust on every vehicle I've owned in the past 10+ years, but just don't know if its worth the coin on the FZ6. Guess I need to see it locally.

AdamFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't fully finished yet as my Givi top box mounts were rusted so I've rubbed them down and sprayed them. I will let you know how i get on with mounting it and post some pictures.

Cause i was doing other bits to the bike at the same time, i can't say for sure how long it took but i reckon maybe a couple of hours.

lkea

Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly, I love the sound of it even with out the silencer, very masculine. Thanks for sharing this guide and documentation.

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
About how long did the install take?

I've had an exhaust on every vehicle I've owned in the past 10+ years, but just don't know if its worth the coin on the FZ6. Guess I need to see it locally.

It's worth it. I'm in the western suburbs, not too far from Sears Centre or Woodfield Mall if you want to see them in person.