Roll Call!!!!

W

wrightme43

I have been digging a pond all day, building a waterfall, buying, hauling and setting 400lbs of rock, and going back in the morning to finish. They are tickled. It really looks nice.

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
Where is everyone at 5.25 AM? Sleeping at home of course. :p Because of the time difference I usually get to read all the new posts the next day. So don't wonder if I'm a bit slow in my answers.

boliviasi

Reaction score
Visit site
i need a tire and i don't have money it sucks to be 21 and work and go to school at the same time

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
Took the bike out for its first decent run today. Did about 200 miles round trip to a town called Bath. Site of an ancient Roman spa bath, a Medieval abbey & some glorious regency architeture.

Bike ran a treat. Only two dissapointments:

1. It hoofed it down with rain on the way home. We've just had the wettest June since records began in C.18 & July is shaping up to go the same way. Had my waterproofs on, which are great but it just ain't the same as riding in the sunshine.

2. My a** is numb!! After about an hour I have to get off & have a walk about. The stock saddle has next to no padding - anybody got any ideas to ease the pain?

S

sportrider

2x4 to build a bead breaker, and a saw and your in.
elaborate on the bead breaker, I know how to use tire spoons, I've been using the scissor jack that came with my F-150 and jacking it up on the bead of the tire. that way works, but if your bead breaker is easier I'm:Sport: all over it!!!

W

wrightme43

Chure Maann

Take a two by four. Put it on the miter saw and cut a 45 12" from the end on the wide side. Take your long piece of 2x4 and set it aside. Set the saw to straight, cut the tip of the 45 off to make it less sharp.
Take two very long screws, and screw thru the long piece of the 2x4 to the short piece about halfway on the 2x4. Set wheel on styrofoam wall insulation behind your truck, or car, or near a wall with a ledge you can catch the end of the 2x4 in. Put the wheel so the short chunk with the 45 will break the bead, push down, let up, rotate tire, push down, and so on. Real simple. And its wood. so no scar on the wheels.

Here is where the idea comes from. It snot (lol) my idea.

What will those crazy folk at webbikeworld come up with next. LOL

Bead Breaker for Motorcycle Tires - webBikeWorld

S

sportrider

I'm not worthy!!!

you are a cornucopia of knowledge! (at least web surfing!!!)LOL

I like that one too, no need to mount it to the garage wall.:thumbup:

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
sorry guys, the lady friend has been in town the past few days and since we don't get to see each other much (she's in grad school at UPenn) I've been mostly MIA. I've been popping in when I had a chance to try and keep up with all the happenings on the forum. Haven't done much riding though, she doesn't have much love for my bike or my "crazy hobby".