tbr fuel map confusion

blufizz

Reaction score
Visit site
hi all...just bought an 09 fz6 with tbr carbon exhaust and a juice box pro. was brand new with 35km in total. dealer had 4 that someone ordered with the mods and never purchased. finished breaking her in, and was wondering if there is any literature out there that explains how the fuel maping works. seems to run better on a map position thats intended for an 04 fz6 with stock everything. also, i noticed that on the map page in the top tune software it only shows cyl 1,2 ...other maps i d/l from power commander site show cyl 1,2,3,4 ...can i just play around with diff. map positions or am i screwing up the bike? sorry for the total noobness, but i am pretty new, just switched from an 09 gs500f(which i thought was fast) what a huuuuge difference!:thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't know you could run Power Commander maps on a Juice Box :confused: Hey! Joel Albrecht from Two Bro's says the Power Commander maps work with the Juice box Pro. Not knowing what map will provide proper air to fuel ratios. I would try the Power Commander Zero map to start with. Your bike is the S2 version with O2 sensor and as long as you still have the CATs you should be good with a zero map.

Last edited:

blufizz

Reaction score
Visit site
tried inputing a pc map, got errors and error codes left and right...called two bros, they had no idea what the codes meant and how i got them...the guy said i should have just left it alone and not tried changing the map positions as that can mess things up! kinda defeats the whole purpose of installing an adjustable fuel controller if adjustments cause it to fail. they recommended disconnecting the battery terminal and reconnecting every time it gives error, which is every time i turn on the bike. great product two bros:spank:! i guess its time to throw it in the trash and get a real fuel computer...pcv?? bazazz or whetever its called?? ill research a bit, hopefully one of them can handle being adjusted without breaking and screwing up my bike!...any advice would be greatly appreciated...only other juice box i ever wana see better have a straw glued to the back and juice inside!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
tried inputing a pc map, got errors and error codes left and right...called two bros, they had no idea what the codes meant and how i got them...the guy said i should have just left it alone and not tried changing the map positions as that can mess things up! kinda defeats the whole purpose of installing an adjustable fuel controller if adjustments cause it to fail. they recommended disconnecting the battery terminal and reconnecting every time it gives error, which is every time i turn on the bike. great product two bros:spank:! i guess its time to throw it in the trash and get a real fuel computer...pcv?? bazazz or whetever its called?? ill research a bit, hopefully one of them can handle being adjusted without breaking and screwing up my bike!...any advice would be greatly appreciated...only other juice box i ever wana see better have a straw glued to the back and juice inside!

Did you try loading the zero map? When you're interfaced with the fuel management system you should be able to see the map and also save it and name it on your computer. Was this the case?
I'm not exactly understanding what you want to do. To be honest, if you have a fuel management system it's recommended you get it to a reputable tuner so the air to fuel ratios are healthy and the bike will run very good. Unfortunately it's costly to have it tuned correctly but that is the reality of auxiliary fuel management. It's not loading a map and guessing it's correct. If you don't have the money and time, I would just bypass the unit till you do.

blufizz

Reaction score
Visit site
I had it interfaced, was all good. Installed the pc zero map to a setting that wasnt occupied by tbr preloaded map. I get how the whole thing works now, I fully understand the tables and how each cell represents percentage of fuel added or subtracted over stock...but as soon as I unplugged the usb cable and turned on the bike I got the flashing led which means error. I plugged it back into the laptop and checked error codes. Somehow installing the zero map screwed the unit up. Now it flashes the led until I turn off motor and restart a few times. I think the juice box is just faulty.i sent tbr a screen shot of the map with error codes and they have no idea what the codes mean or how I got them. All I did was install a map. One of the menu options on the map page is import power commander map. I imported the right map for my year and model bike...just bad luck I guess...but if tbr doesnt fix it, im definitely not buying another one. Ill go with a pcv or anything else.