Fitting Leo's tonight :D

MrTurner

Reaction score
Visit site
A nice new pair of carbon Leo's turned up at work today :rockon:

Now getting excited while I wait to fit them tonight. Looks straight forward enough, but more complicated than the 3/4 bolts I'm used to :eek:

If anyone has any tips they'd be welcome reading while I wish the next 4 hours away until hometime :)

The short pipe is currently on my desk as an ornament :D:D

phxtravis

Reaction score
Visit site
They are pretty easy, hardest part is getting them aligned. My tip...put a little anit-seize on the pipe joints so they are easier to manipulate.

MrTurner

Reaction score
Visit site
Where did you get them from as am looking for a set for mine.

I got them from a guy called Mauro in Italy (off ebay, user ID is Mauro998).

He's really friendly, and a lot cheaper than the UK. Carbon worked out at £360 delivered (and I think the cat eliminator pipe is in there too). He does the aluminium ones for about £280 delivered, and the titanium are the same price as the carbon. PM me if you want his contact direct details ;)

MrTurner

Reaction score
Visit site
They are pretty easy, hardest part is getting them aligned. My tip...put a little anit-seize on the pipe joints so they are easier to manipulate.

That makes sense - I take it these will be fine with either an LM grease or some copper grease?

BH17

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same pipes. Amazing!!! I would suggest to take out the cat. Just watch the wires and make sure you dont misplace the bolts. These are great! Good luck

MrTurner

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, all fitted, no major dramas (other than getting the cat replacement pipe done up nice and tight, and bumping my head on the paddock stand!).

But christ - these are loud. With the baffles in, they are loud, baffles out - I thought I was going to create an earthquake!

Anyone know if they deepen/quieten a bit when they get a bit coked up, or is it about the same? Can the cat be put back in without major mods, and does anyone know if that softens it a bit?

Crazy really - I bought aftermarket purely because standard was too quiet. Now I've gone to the other extreme!!

BH17

Reaction score
Visit site
You can put in that quiet insert to make them less raspy. After the bike gets warmed up the sounds go down a bit... You'll like them though, atleast i do. Lets see some pics :)

MrTurner

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got pics and vid on my phone (K850), just didnt have the time to load them up! Not got a youtube account (but that can't be too hard..).

What do you mean by 'quiet insert'. The db killers? They're in already..

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
the hardest part when I installed mine was the darn springs were so tight I was afraid I would slip off one and send it through the wall. I have my db killers out and love it.

MrTurner

Reaction score
Visit site
OK - cat is back in, db killers are still there - still too noisy :eek:

This is a real ball ache for me - I bought the bike, knowing I wanted it a bit louder. It seems to have gone from 2/10, straight to 8/10, with nothing in between! I've had 4 GSXR's in the past, 3 with aftermarket cans (the 750 sounded fine as standard), none were so drastic in the volume!

I'm debating at the moment whether to try cat replacement and standard can, or to put it all back to standard and sell the lot (go for an FZ1 or Z1000..).