Scorpions, what price?

FX4210

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

Been on here for a little bit, mainly lurking. So my bike came with a scorpion exhaust, and I just don't have much stainless on my bike anymore so it doesn't fit the theme, so it's just sitting in my garage. Thinking of selling them, what would be a fair price?

Ill post up some pictures later on so you have a better Idea of the model. They have just under 3k miles on them. I couldn't find a name on them but they are the stainless oval and I do believe they have the baffles.

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

Been on here for a little bit, mainly lurking. So my bike came with a scorpion exhaust, and I just don't have much stainless on my bike anymore so it doesn't fit the theme, so it's just sitting in my garage. Thinking of selling them, what would be a fair price?

Ill post up some pictures later on so you have a better Idea of the model. They have just under 3k miles on them. I couldn't find a name on them but they are the stainless oval and I do believe they have the baffles.

I bought the exact same ones new (SS oval) about 4-5 years ago for about $500 (that newer style just came out).

I'd check the prices for new ones and look under the for sale section and see what their going for. I suspect $400 would be pretty fair.. The DB killers alone (I had to order from England and subsequently sold) were close to $100 by themselves...

FX4210

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the exact same ones new (SS oval) about 4-5 years ago for about $500 (that newer style just came out).

I'd check the prices for new ones and look under the for sale section and see what their going for. I suspect $400 would be pretty fair.. The DB killers alone (I had to order from England and subsequently sold) were close to $100 by themselves...

Awesome ill probably ask in the 350-400 range and hope for 300-350. The money is just going back into the bike anyways.. Isn't that how it always goes haha. Wow that's crash I'll take some pictures of them and post them up, I'm not sure if the have the db killers or not but they aren't very loud just a deeper note.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome ill probably ask in the 350-400 range and hope for 300-350. The money is just going back into the bike anyways.. Isn't that how it always goes haha. Wow that's crash I'll take some pictures of them and post them up, I'm not sure if the have the db killers or not but they aren't very loud just a deeper note.

The DB Killers simply slide into the end and are bolted in with one small (I believe) allan head bolt.

The below pic of mine is without the DB killers and is substantially louder without them.

Last edited:

FX4210

Reaction score
Visit site
mamuqedy.jpg

I'm using my phone so I'm not sure if this works this Is the style exhaust I have, but it is quite different from yours.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
mamuqedy.jpg

I'm using my phone so I'm not sure if this works this Is the style exhaust I have, but it is quite different from yours.

Yep, that's the older style (which is what I originally wanted). My DB killers just slide into the rear of the pipes. I don't know about yours but I would have to think so... $350's a great deal BTW, shouldn't be a problem...

FX4210

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, that's the older style (which is what I originally wanted). My DB killers just slide into the rear of the pipes. I don't know about yours but I would have to think so... $350's a great deal BTW, shouldn't be a problem...

Sweet, yeah I would think it has the db killers because it really isn't too loud. I would think that they would work the same. Alright great I'm just looking to get some more cash for other to do's on my bike, so giving someone a deal in the process would be a nice plus.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

FX4210

Reaction score
Visit site
BTW, I thought the down pipe, that attaches to the stock exhaust(after the cat) may be a different lenth between the 07-09 and the 04-06 models.

Their site shows an 07 and an earlier year bike in the instructions?:

http://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/siteadmin/site_images/uploaded_documents/95_01~_eya-70-14.pdf

The section for the FZ6 shows it fits all years, peek at the top:

YAMAHA - FZS 600 Fazer/ FZ6 - 04 - 09

I would imagine it would either fit all years, or 04-07, or 09+ that would make sense to me but.. I am certainly no expert.