Maine, Bangor. Need a recommendation for a motorcycle shop.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I am in Bangor Maine.

I am coming back from canada. After 1500 miles my rear tire is about to die. I am down to the metal reinforcment wire. I need to get it replaced tomorrow (saturday 26th) so i can get bak on the road on the 27th back to boston then back home to NYC.

I need a place that is reasonable with prices and wont screw me over with service charges.

Preferably no dealerships please.

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
I just came from there and remember seeing a black FZ6. Was that you? Can't help you with the tire but if you manage to find one any good tire shop can change it out if your willing to take it off.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am in Bangor Maine.

I am coming back from canada. After 1500 miles my rear tire is about to die. I am down to the metal reinforcment wire. I need to get it replaced tomorrow (saturday 26th) so i can get bak on the road on the 27th back to boston then back home to NYC.

I need a place that is reasonable with prices and wont screw me over with service charges.

Preferably no dealerships please.

3d Cycles (207) 942-7501
10 Bomarc Rd, Bangor, ME

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys.

Unfortunately 3cycles doesnt have the size i need.

I just got to bangor yesterday evening.

I was coming down from Quebec City so maybe you have seen me on the road?

I saw a lot of Quebecoi riders yesterday as i rode on the route 201. Mostly Harley riders though.

It looks like i am going to have to go down to friend&friend and swallow the cost there.

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
Hope everything went well. I wish I would've checked the forum a few days ago. I'm just across the river from Bangor and know the guys at Friend and Friend in Orono very well. If you take your rear wheel off yourself it'll save you 30 or 40 bucks. If you're still in the area I can show you some good local roads. Always love to meet fellow forum members.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately I was without any tools.

Everything went fine with the Friend and friend service. I felt kind of cheated and ripped off.

While I was waiting for the bike to be serviced. I was super bored. I decided to install grip puppies and cramp buster. Unfortunately I didn't have the right size of an Allen key needed to take off the bar end weights.

i politely inquired one fo the mechanics if I could borrow the said key and install the new grips while they are still working on other bikes. He had no problem with that. he proceeded to "look" for a key and after 2 seconds he just said that they will install it for free for me.

Coolio!!!

When the bill comes to be paid I get charged half an hour extra of labour work for installation of the grips.

****ing nice! The cost of grips came to $35 of their labour rate per half an hour.

I could have done it myself in 10 minutes tops. for $35 I could have bough a set of allen keys myself and install in in the parking lot of my hotel.

Ahh whatever. I was forced to go to a dealer out of necessity. Had I been home I would have done everything myself. Unfortunately that's how it worked out.

BTW

check out my new topic with the pics from the trip I made.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/touring-traveling/46096-our-2-300-miles-long-adventures.html

part 1 is already posted, next 7 parts are due to come soon.