Lights going out on right hand turns

Chri5

Reaction score
Visit site
hi,
every time i turn the handle bars right my indicators, parking light, rear light and brake light (when controlled from front brake lever) cut out my main beams and head light and rear brake switch are unaffected can anyone point me in the right direction for the main places these cables terminate im stripping the bike this weekend but if anyone can round down where to look it would be greatly appreciated I have a 2008 FZ6-N S2
thanks in advance

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
There's a bundle of cable from the front that duck into the frame just behind the steering neck. That would be stop one. You may need to remove tank and airbox to get to the small space in front of the airbox to check all connections.

Good luck.

Chri5

Reaction score
Visit site
ok so ive took it apart and found this whats my best option now? do i need to replace the whole wire or can a use something like a electical blade and slot to patch it
DSCN0460.jpg

DSCN0459.jpg

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
It all depends on what you can do...
First thing first I would cut that tubing that the wires are in back a couple inches so you have some room to work, then cut the wire that's broke right where it's split at, now strip a little section back on each end of the wire, if the wire looks corroded you will need to keep cutting and stripping until you get to some good clean wire. Once you have two ends of the wire that are clean now you can decided how you want to fix it.

For the sake of keeping things short I will assume that the wire has not been damaged any further and all you have to do is cut, strip, and reconnect

I would re connecting them by using a western union splice, soldering, and some heat shrink over top. If you don't feel comfortable soldering them back together then you could use some butt connectors, or whatever else you have that can secure and seal the wire. If you use butt connectors I like to use the ones that have heat shrink on the out side to seal the wires, there the light blue ones in the pics. If you don't have those or use the regular ones then it would be wise to put some heat shrink over it as well.

Now that you have the wires connected, now you need to protect them from his happening again!!! Some people would just wrap it all up in electrical tape and call it a day which would probably do the job but look like hammered ass, so you want it to look factory so go get you some wire loom. Cut a pice of loom so that it will extend about 6" into the frame and at min 6" past your repair but you can run it as long as you want. I like to tape both ends of the loom with electrical tape and put a couple piece going up the loom any place it looks like in a bind it might come open. Hope this helps