Friday Night Boredom Poll (About Tires?):

250 Ninja Smokes 600 Fazer In Pea Gravel Why?

• Power to weight ratio

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Raw Power

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tires

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • We're not as afraid to crash a little bike as we are a bigger one

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Today I had to take my beautifully clean 600 cc Fazer on a curvy stretch of road which has recently been "shot". (Covered with a thin layer of sticky crud and then covered with tiny little pea gravels - basically a paved road that has been rocked)
It was fascinating! The entire 4 mile ride was like riding in the snow and/or ice. While it was fun, I was all over the road and seldom saw much over 30 mph. (I'm running the stock Bridgestones)
After I got back I couldn't help but wonder..........Sooooooooooo I got out my son's Ninja 250 (also clean : ( with tires that I personally would call a "universal tread" design, just to see how they compared? IT WAS AMAZING!
If I had been in a life and death chase I could have easily outrun my Fazer with his little Ninja!
Now I'm wondering if it was the power to weight ratio, the power, the tires, or a three-count combination. I was just sitting here wondering what you guys think?

Last edited:

chimneydoc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I would have to say tires. I had to ride on a gravel driveway the other day and it felt like I was riding on ice. I had 9k on my Pilot Powers and it took some effort to keep the bike up.

Doc

P.S I got new tires last Sat.