Helmet that lets you see behind you.

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Neat!

Pretty cool, could take some getting used to without becoming distracted by movements behind you.

I bet they want like $1K for this helmet.

Just because they think they can get it!

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
WOW! Now thats cool. I can really see( no pun intended) how this could be super uesful. I can tell you how many times I'm setting at a stop light and I say " I wish my mirrors where better so I could judge the speed of the car/truck coming up behind me." Seen a dude on YouTube.com get run over by a truck at a stop light. By the time he seen the truck and tryed to move out of the way, it was too late. Maby if he something like this he may have noticed sooner and got out of the way. Who's to say?

W

wrightme43

Off topic.
Do you keep it in first at stop lights? I do. I watched the same video. He knew it was coming, and was trying to shift into first to move. Had he been in first he could of easily moved, and that would of been a boring video of some asshole on a motorbike running a red light.
I do some things that can get me a ticket but avoid being killed.
If I have a car too close in my opinion I will run yellow lights.
When I pass trucks on the interstate, I pace them half a bike length behind them untill there is enough room to make a full pass. Then I will pass rapidly, keeping a eye on his front wheels. Then slow as I get in front back to the speed I run.

Have you ever read Ride Hard Ride Smart by Pat Hahn? It has some really good riding strategies, that help reduce that 26 times more likely to die down to a managable level.

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
I keep mine in first unless I have about two or three cars already stoped behind me. I do the same thing you do, I try to keep myself out of the kill zone with speed and distance, and if that means exceeding the speed limit, so be it........ ???? Speed limit??????? So be it???????? HEY, I'm a poet and didn't know it!:D

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty cool, could take some getting used to without becoming distracted by movements behind you.

I bet they want like $1K for this helmet.

Just because they think they can get it!

I just checked some UK sites: These lids retail at £280 - I guess that makes them about $550, probably nearer $600 with shipping.

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am accused of both exaggeration and speculation regularly by almost everyone who knows me.

Glad you're out there to keep me honest.

I own a $200 helmet.

(They also say I'm frugal ;))

W

wrightme43

I am accused of both exaggeration and speculation regularly by almost everyone who knows me.

Glad you're out there to keep me honest.

I own a $200 helmet.

(They also say I'm frugal ;))

I am rolling in the floor.
No Hippy, my chicken chocolate pot pie.

Its fine man, I thought it would be a grand as well. You werent far off.

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought the Reevu was quite good value. I've wear an Arai Chaser that cost me £300 ($600). It's a good helmet but nowhere near top of the range. I guess we are just used to paying 'Top Dollar' for equipment over here. :O(

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm waiting for the helmets that come equipped with a built in satellite radio and stereo speakers inside the helmet with an option for an I-pod attachment. Meanwhile I'm still waiting for the Scorpion EXO-1000 to come out with the dual built in visors.

brows141

Naked Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good........but I guess what you see in the rear view all depends on your riding position or actually on the position of your head. Nice idea though.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I wonder if it wouldn't be a better idea to have the camera mounted to the rear of the bike instead of the helmet...at least the rearward image would be stable instead of constantly moving in the opposite direction of the forward image. I dunno..

brows141

Naked Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
This is what I was thinking but then you would have some type of wire running from helmet to camera.

My apologies for being so negative on these ideas. I see the practicality of having something like this but it needs to be convenient as well.

W

wrightme43

Dont worry man, its better to chop a idea up, and fix it, than run with it wrong, and waste it.

beverlykarl

Reaction score
Visit site
looks good but i think it would be hard to adopt this kind of view because the heads up display can be distracting. but its a great feature nonetheless.:Sport: