Which Michelin to choose?!

tuul01

tuul01
Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys,

Just a quick question. I've currently got the pilot road 2s on the bike at the moment. I got them as I was told of the excellent mileage they give and wet weather grip. They're probably going to have to be replaced after a track day I'm doing next week and I was wondering what I should go for.

I've heard good things about a few tyres but I'm kinda leaning towards the pilot powers. The question is should I go for the 2CT versions or not. I've been told there is less life in the 2CTs but they give slightly better grip that the standard pilot powers.

What do you think? Also do you think there is an equal with regards to performance (wet/dry) and mileage in another brand?

sanguines

Reaction score
Visit site
I think it depends on the type and amount of riding you do. I commute on my FZ6 and I use the Pilot Road 2's exclusively because they have a considerably longer wear life than the Pilot Power.

IMO, the Pilot Powers wear out way too quickly. 4-6k on a pair of tires is just too little...

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, I'm gonna suggest you put on some Power 2ct's for the track day, and then put your Roads back on. It doesn't cost much here to do so (probably cheaper there) and you'll have a lot more fun at the track on a nice new sticky set of rubber. Then swap back.

Then you can either, keep the Powers for track days or when your Roads are worn out put on the Powers.

I stuck some awesomely sticky (BT003(front)/BT002(rear)) Bridgestones on for my track day, and pulled them off again afterwards. This meant that I could go like a cut snake on my track day...lol..Go on...treat yourself:thumbup::D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it depends on the type and amount of riding you do. I commute on my FZ6 and I use the Pilot Road 2's exclusively because they have a considerably longer wear life than the Pilot Power.

IMO, the Pilot Powers wear out way too quickly. 4-6k on a pair of tires is just too little...

Hey, I'm gonna suggest you put on some Power 2ct's for the track day, and then put your Roads back on. It doesn't cost much here to do so (probably cheaper there) and you'll have a lot more fun at the track on a nice new sticky set of rubber. Then swap back.

Then you can either, keep the Powers for track days or when your Roads are worn out put on the Powers.

I stuck some awesomely sticky (BT003(front)/BT002(rear)) Bridgestones on for my track day, and pulled them off again afterwards. This meant that I could go like a cut snake on my track day...lol..Go on...treat yourself:thumbup::D

I have to agree with Mike on this. IMO the key word is track. You'll be better off on a stickier tire @ track time so I would change to the 2ct's.

Have fun!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
try the new Michelin pilot power pure! I have heard great things about the way they feel but I'm not to sure about the milage of them

Apparently they are similar to the Power, but the soft edge compound comes a lot closer to the centre of the tire.:thumbup:

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
Apparently they are similar to the Power, but the soft edge compound comes a lot closer to the centre of the tire.:thumbup:

My dealer got there first batch of them in about a month ago and they have been selling like hot cakes. The Service manager who is a former racer really likes them. I will be getting a set on my Monster here soon for track days so I will post a review after I put some miles on them

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Found this on the Michelin site...thought it was useful info.

sport_comparo_lg.jpg