Pc iii usb

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Pc 3 usb

Well, I found yet another great deal here. I got a Power Commander III USB from Fresca. It's in perfect shape and came with everything it should.
Install was a breeze, about 30 minutes start to finish.
I loaded the map for the stock bike since that's what I have.
Impressions:
Around town power was much smoother. Better throttle response and a smoother build-up of power. I can feel a change in the power curve in the lower RPMs and under 20-60% throttle. It definitely made the bike more friendly around town.
Highway cruising provides a slightly better throttle response as well. One nice thing I noticed was a bit more grunt in 6th gear at about 75 mph. A very welcome change.
Full throttle did not feel much different. I don't think the PC added much power up top. Maybe a little, or maybe it's just me justifying my expense. :D
In the twisties I definitely felt a change. I keep the bike between 7-10K on the curves and there is a discernible change there. The on/off throttle in 3rd is smoother, although second still suffers from the driveline lash. I was carrying more speed into the turns and getting more coming out. It also feels like there is more modulation there. Can't really explain what I mean, but when I'm in the turn I can more easily adjust throttle and shift weight F/R.
Overall very happy with it. Some people say they don't feel any difference, but I certainly do. The best way to describe it is "smoother" than stock. No "wow" power increase, but rideability is better.
Biggest problem with it is that now I have to get some cans.....;)

Conditions:
75*
10% humidity
5,000 - 7,000 ft elevation

Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Last edited:

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
:rolleyes: Just realized the title takes away the caps..... Mods, can you please change it to read "PC 3 USB" ?

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Report the mpg too!

Ok, here are my findings on mileage.

Stock: 45-50 mpg
PC3 only: 43-47 mpg (based on 3 tanks)
PC3, K&N, Leos w/cat delete: 41-45 mpg (based on 3 tanks)

So there was a definite drop in mileage, and my driving style was basically the same. I definitely get on it harder with the Leos on, the sound is just so damn addicting.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
The change from stock -> PC3 was nice, as outlined above.
The change from PC3 to PC3 with the Leos, K&N, and cat-delete is completely amazing.
I am thoroughly impressed. The sound is amazing, but the power delivery is what impressed me the most. The increase in power is linear, but the increase in torque is what really made me happy. I always thought the Fizzer needed some more oomph around town in the lower RPMs, and not it has it. Throttle response is also much smoother, where before it was jerky. I suspect the bike was running too lean stock.
I also noticed amazing pull in the upper reaches. Second gear 100% throttle after 8K is transformed. I was taken by surprise when the front wheel lifted while tucked. :eek:
The idle is quite lumpy, and bounces around quite a bit. I'll have to mess with the idle screw a bit. Otherwise I have NO complaints.

Side note: I saw a friend yesterday that I had not seen since I bought the bike last year, it had no mods. When he saw it he asked, "When did you get a new one?" When I told him it was the same bike, he refused to believe me. :Flash: