Alpinestars sizing charts are useless

FZ6er_FSR

Reaction score
Visit site
Most of us who has shopped enough would understand that one company's size L, maybe another company's M. However, the last thing that anybody would expect is the sizing within one company's jacket size will be different from another.:confused:

Example: If you fit an Alpinestar textile jacket in Medium, you will fit Alpinestar's mesh jacket in X-Large, and Leather in Large from the same manufacturer. Also, if you're comparing their textile jackets, each style has a different idea of what medium is!:confused:

This would cause a problem if you own a large size and you order another style online only to find out it will not fit properly. In the end, I've learnt that I can't do my motorcycle clothing shopping online, and I must visit the stores to ensure a proper fit. The other thing I've learnt, if I was going to buy online, I better try it in a store first and get the exact same model.

At least their gloves and shoes have proper sizing, I got those online blindly.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered online before without trying things on. It depends from the customer service of the shop. I had great experiences from Sportbike Track Gear and NewEnough. Give them height, measurements and weight and they can tell you anything you want :)

But still, yes it is much safer to try them on. Different style jackets (i.e. touring vs short sport jackets, Leather Vs textiles) do have different fit and it is logical.

On a side note, all Italian brands tend to run a size small from my experience. Not so much with alpinestars, but Dainese and Spidi definitely run a size small in their most suits.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
sidi sizing charts kick ass for boots, plus the boots are super comfy.

icon jackets make you look much sexier than you really are in how they fit and drape you. as for sizing charts i heard they are off by one size if anything, but read reviews. people will tell you how the sizing charts tend to behave. they will post comments saying this particular item usually fits one size smaller than actual or bigger.

that was my input. take it or leave. resistance is futile.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i repeat. read comments and reviews by previous buyers. search various sites to get the feedback. you can buy everything online. trust me. u just need to learn the shortcuts.