Q About Motech Bar Risers

Ant

06 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
Installed them on my 06, (1" up/1" back) no problem with cables took 10 minutes.

Anyhoo, I noticed that there is a gap between the clamps that hold the handlebar down after they are tightened and am wondering if this is normal?

Ant

06 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
Here ye be:

BARS1.jpg

BARS2.jpg

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's perfectly normal. If there was no gap, that's something to worry about, as then you don't know if cinching down the bolts actually tightened the handlebar, or just the two faces of the clamp.

Ant

06 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
So give us some feedback on them.

Ah, forgot about that:D

The 1" up and 1" back make a definate difference to me. My arms and hands hardly bothered me at all and my overall sitting comfort is so much better.

Granted I am a 2 week newbie and am still getting used to things but I can easily feel a difference for the better and it makes my riding that much more fun.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
So I have bar risers on my bike - not sure what kind as they came with it from the previous owner and I just left them on (and they're just up not up and back).

Obviously there needs to be a little gap or you're not clamping the bar but mine is barely noticeable (think 1/16" or less). It looks to me like your risers came with new top clamp pieces but mine just reused the stock ones - wonder if you could do the same and eliminate some of that gap, assuming you'd rather not have it.

Incidentally, I like my ergos with the risers but have no basis for comparison - I've been debating about removing them and trying it out for comparison but it seems like why do the work if "it ain't broke"

Ant

06 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
So here's a shot of my bars with the risers for comparison purposes as a follow-up to my earlier comment

That looks pretty snug.

Found this pic at twistedthrottle.com of an FZ6 with the ones I have and it looks about the same.
7326-500x600.jpg

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
How do the risers affect the bikes performance in the turns? I'm considering a set but I'm worried that it'll take some of the confidence out of the bike in hard turns.

Ant

06 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
How do the risers affect the bikes performance in the turns? I'm considering a set but I'm worried that it'll take some of the confidence out of the bike in hard turns.[/QUO

For me it's better and my confidence is raised because I'm way more comfortable with the risers. Can't say how it would be regarding 'knee dragging' type riding cuz I'm not in that catagory.

They're easy to install, takes 10 minutes so if you get a set and don't like it no bigee to go back to stock.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the link Ant, i just ordered a pair for my bike, but plan on using the stock top mount. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I ordered mine this morning too. They have really great customer service by the way. Called this morning to order a pair but wanted to make sure they would get here in time (I leave next thursday on my first big trip). I told her I wanted to add 3 day shipping but she looked up my address and told me it would get here in 2 days with regular ground. Ended up saving me 15 bucks.

I was also thinking about keeping the yamaha branded topmount.....I'll race you to see who gets theirs done first :p

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I paid $18 to have mine shipped 2 day, so im hoping they will be here Monday. If so, I'll have pics foy your losing *** on Monday night!:Flip: