zmax lube

fenell903

Reaction score
Visit site
my wife has purchased some Zmax for me as gift for my bike but i'm not sure on useing it. The manual said not to add anything to the oil because it is also use to lube the tranny. use or not use?

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd say no for the same reason you already mentioned, you're not susposed to add friction modifiers to the oil. I'd just use it in your car.

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
Personally, I wouldn't use it. Your bike has a wet clutch which can be quickly ruined if the wrong lubricants are used in the crankcase.

If you're concerned about engine protection, switch over to a high quality synthetic motorcycle oil.

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
I agree! To sum it all up any additive that has any type of friction modifiers will ruin your clutch, and saying that watch out for some oils to. Some oils do have friction modifiers in them, some are less than others but if they have them dont use them any friction modidiers will mess up your clutch. Make shure whatever synthetic you use is wet clutch compatible.

fenell903

Reaction score
Visit site
thank you very much you just save me, Some money in a possible repair that is way i joined the forum and love it here.:thumbup:

Last edited: