Yamaha R1 First Ride

I don't think I will ever own a liter bike, at least not a supersport. At my size an R1 would not even realize it had a rider on back and we might break the sound barrier! I can see myself getting an R6 for the track and the mountains but never an R1.

The ergos on an R1 are a smidgeon better than on an R6. And literbikes tend to be a bit more spacious than 600s.

I am 6'3".

Some 600s fit me alright, but I enjoy the extra space. Plus this bike came with rearsets already installed so it just fit me like a glove. Couldn't say no and had always wanted an R1 specifically.

The ergos on an R1 are a smidgeon better than on an R6. And literbikes tend to be a bit more spacious than 600s.

I am 6'3".

Some 600s fit me alright, but I enjoy the extra space. Plus this bike came with rearsets already installed so it just fit me like a glove. Couldn't say no and had always wanted an R1 specifically.

So, Lone, is the weather good enough yet for you to ride the wheels off this thing???

:rockon:

Good weather in Canada means it's (temporarily) not below freezing. :thumbup:

haha EXACTLY

Today it is hovering up to a balmy 4 degrees celcius for a few hours.

I am out riding, but not warm enough to go bonkers yet....especially not on this thing.

haha EXACTLY

Today it is hovering up to a balmy 4 degrees celcius for a few hours.

I am out riding, but not warm enough to go bonkers yet....especially not on this thing.

Fair call, 4 degree's, jeepers, that's cold, way too cold to be riding Sports Bikes as they are intended to be!

:eek:

Minus 5 in the mornings right now. That is the extreme low end of what I will ride to work in since I take the highway.

But you get rewarded in the afternoon for suffering through the morning when you get ride back home in the balmy +4 sunshine...

But you get rewarded in the afternoon for suffering through the morning when you get ride back home in the balmy +4 sunshine...

Bugger that too! You need to come asnd live in Australia, it's Autumn, and it's forecast to be 28c today!

:D

Back