Yamaha OEM rack Givi M5 baseplate?

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Anything can be made to fit, but THAT would be hard work. :BLAA: They look like they use a completely different system to fit to the bike.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Can these 2 items be used together? Anyone tried before? :Flash:

I have the givi rack and do not use it to hold a givi case. I use to hold a Nelson Rigg tail bag. To make it hold the bag a bit better, I cut up an aluminum plate and bolted it to the top of the givi case. I can post pictures of it later.

-bryan

thorpe

Reaction score
Visit site
Why would you do that? They are both monolock. If you have a monolock topcase you just go for the yamaha rack...:thumbup:

thorpe

Reaction score
Visit site
I see, that topcase has monokey system. From the picture you posted I thought that the plate is monolock. Well, to be honest, I think anything you do to fit the plate on the rack will not look very nice. I would rather buy the Kappa rack...

recko

dennis
Reaction score
Visit site
Ya, I'm already using the Kappa/Givi rack now, just that I want a nicer rack which is the OEM rack from a friend of mine. Well, I guess I'll have to give up either one to gain the other... :(

Last edited:

drtzekos

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello from me,

I am sorry for digging this old topic but I have a similar question, and i guess it is better not to open a new topic.

Well, I had the yamaha OEM monolock plate at the start (which scratches the "handles" where it is fitted :( ), then I moved on to the full GIVI kit (2 kits together) for the side and top cases (Givi PLX351 Side Racks and Givi FZ 351 Top Rack if i am not mistaken).

I have 2x V35 (monokey) and a Simply E450 (monolock). I would like to replace the E450 with a Maxia E55, which of course requires a monokey baseplate..

Currently the baseplate that I have is the givi M5M and the "suggested" equivalent for monokey is the givi M5.

The point is that I do not like its look (due to the hole in the middle) and i would prefer something like this or this . Does anyone know if those baseplates fit (one is givi btw)?

If I want to add the light kit on the Maxia E55, do I need a specific plate in order to make it "plug and play" ?

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't tried, but the Givi universal plate (E250) should be able to fit the monorack.

You'd have to line up 4 of the holes in the top rack with the 4 holes in the monorack arms. It comes with slotted washers to give you a little adjustability. Worst case, you could always just drill a couple new holes in the monorack to bolt the plate down.

e250universalmountinghardware_detail.jpg
givi_1111fz_monorack_arms_1.jpg

Regarding the light kit, if you wanted to use the Givi quick-connect method, the light kit comes with a piece you snap into the mounting plate. It will fit either the M5 or the E250 plate, there's a circle you knock out or drill out in the plate and the connector snaps in.

drtzekos

Reaction score
Visit site
Regarding the light kit, if you wanted to use the Givi quick-connect method, the light kit comes with a piece you snap into the mounting plate. It will fit either the M5 or the E250 plate, there's a circle you knock out or drill out in the plate and the connector snaps in.

Thanks for your fast answer!

About the part that it is quoted, is there a picture or a guide? Is it vunerable to rain (when the case is not mounted)?

Does someone have it? Or can provide a link with more information about it?(does it have also the flash indicators or only brakelight? etc.)

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for your fast answer!

About the part that it is quoted, is there a picture or a guide? Is it vunerable to rain (when the case is not mounted)?

Does someone have it? Or can provide a link with more information about it?(does it have also the flash indicators or only brakelight? etc.)

Here's a picture showing how the givi connector works.
AdMore Lighting LED Kit (Red & Amber) for Givi E55 Topcase - TwistedThrottle.com

The connector pins in the case itself are spring loaded, so they contact the flat contacts on the rack. It's only brake lights. Here's the Givi light kit for the E55
Givi E112 LED Brakelight/Stoplight Kit for E55 Maxia 3 Topcase - TwistedThrottle.com

Ardmore makes a light kit which has running lights, brake lights, and turn signals. It's more expensive, and it doesn't use the Givi style connector.
Givi E112 LED Brakelight/Stoplight Kit for E55 Maxia 3 Topcase - TwistedThrottle.com