Need Help WTB Aftermarket Seat for 05 FZ6

Aggromuffin

Reaction score
Visit site
Zip is 93455. Looking for something more comfortable than this pancake. Suggestions? How permanent of a fix and upgrade is it to get a gel pad and modify my own seat? Thanks!

If you are able to control a knife and a stapler, you can create your own seat that will be as, if not more, comfortable then what you can buy...and you'll spend a lot less money. All you need is a new cover (if you even need one) and some 3-layer gel foam, like the Confor linked below:

If you are able to control a knife and a stapler, you can create your own seat that will be as, if not more, comfortable then what you can buy...and you'll spend a lot less money. All you need is a new cover (if you even need one) and some 3-layer gel foam, like the Confor linked below:

Which level of thickness would be appropriate? 2 inches? Also, is this what you did? If so, how are you liking it? Thanks man!

I've done it on other bikes, and wouldn't hesitate to do it on the FZ. While I think 2" would be adequate, I'd pull the cover and take exact measurements.

If you can find a Top Sellerie seat reasonably priced snatch it up. I can vouch for them being very comfortable. So have several other people of fairly different builds and weights than myself.

I suffered from unintended shifting on the stock seat, and despite trying to readjust, would wind up with my nuts riding pillion before I got where I was going. This may or not be an issue for you but if you're going to try the gel insert, I recommend doing a little re-contouring of the seat foam while your at it to provide a more locked in fit. Going by my aftermarket seat I think the ticket is a little less downward sloping, more bolstering where the seat turns up behind your butt, and contour the edges of the seat where your legs hang over.

Back