05 Fz6 UK Dash wires

LeoIOM

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi!
I’m sure I’ve probably just missed a post somewhere but having searched the internet I still can’t be sure lol..
I have a uk spec 2005 FZ6 (naked) and need to know what the wire colour code is for the dash.
Just when I think I’ve found something.. it ends up having a different wire colour in the block lol

Much appreciate anyone’s help.

Attachments

• IMG_1845.jpeg
    IMG_1845.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1847.jpeg
    IMG_1847.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 4

LeoIOM

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I hear you... and to someone who reads schematics it'll mean something :D haha... I just wish there was something that said "red wire with white tracer... that's the postive, Black Wire with white tracer blah blah blah " lol....
I'll get there.. appreciate your reply though.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Always be careful with wiring. You have a date line Yellow with blue tracer that that may be sensitive to the wrong voltage levels. There is a CPU within your instrument cluster that processes the data from the ECU that translates the vehicles sensors to the readout.
This ID on wiring is from a schematic and sometimes there are errors in print, although I believe these call outs are good.

Light green- neutral safety light.
Yellow w/blue tracer- ECU data line.
Black w white tracer-negative at the ECU. (chassis ground)
Dark green- directional light
Brown- directional light
White- Oil level sensor.
Green w/white tracer- Fuel level gauge.
Yellow- High beam indicator.
Red w/green tracer- Back up voltage for the clock.
Red w/white tracer- Kill switch (key on voltage).
White w/red tracer- negative. (Chassis ground)

Last edited:

LeoIOM

Reaction score
Visit site
Always be careful with wiring. You have a date line Yellow with blue tracer that that may be sensitive to the wrong voltage levels. There is a CPU within your instrument cluster that processes the data from the ECU that translates the vehicles sensors to the readout.
This ID on wiring is from a schematic and sometimes there are errors in print, although I believe these call outs are good.

Light green- neutral safety light.
Yellow w/blue tracer- ECU data line.
Black w white tracer-negative at the ECU. (chassis ground)
Dark green- directional light
Brown- directional light
White- Oil level sensor.
Green w/white tracer- Fuel level gauge.
Yellow- High beam indicator.
Red w/green tracer- Back voltage up for the clock.
Red w/white tracer- Kill switch (key on voltage).
White w/red tracer- negative. (Chassis ground)
That’s awesome man, thank you… I appreciate what you say and that things do change.. so no guarantees and all that.
So I just need to work out what the corresponding wires to my aftermarket dash will be… as their naming conventions are….. different

Black/red - Engine Fault light
Black - Anode
Yellow - 5v output
Green - Cathode
Green/red - gear neutral
Blue/white - Rotation Speed (guessing revs lol)
Black/white - speed
Yellow/white - fuel

The rest on the aftermarket are headlights and gears…

To start with… what would you guess at power and earths? totally appreciate if you haven’t the time man.. thanks for the initial reply

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Anode is usually associate with positive and cathode with negative,
RPM, speed and engine light are all through the ECU and to the instrument cluster at the data line.
My suggestion is to use the FZ6 S1 or S2 instrument cluster. You can also use the FZ1 cluster but the RPM red line on the dial will be lower.
Another good reason is the usefulness of reading error codes with the compatible FZ series instrument clusters because the CPU in the cluster can process the ECU data including sensors and error codes for trouble shooting.
I'll assume you have a seat to the most insane MC race in the world! Do you ever ride the circuit?

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Another suggestion (but a bit more work) would be to create a plug-n-play harness for your aftermarket instrument cluster, this way if you need to read engine codes you can simply reinsert you OEM instrument cluster into the existing wires. You can find OEM connectors and pins here => https://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/connectors.html

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That’s awesome man, thank you… I appreciate what you say and that things do change.. so no guarantees and all that.
So I just need to work out what the corresponding wires to my aftermarket dash will be… as their naming conventions are….. different

Black - Anode
Yellow - 5v output
Green - Cathode
Green/red - gear neutral
Black/white - speed

Yellow/white - fuel

The rest on the aftermarket are headlights and gears…

To start with… what would you guess at power and earths? totally appreciate if you haven’t the time man.. thanks for the initial reply
Black - Anode
Yellow - 5v output
Green - Cathode
Green/red - gear neutral
Black/white - speed

Yellow/white - fuel

So the bold print in your reply are display reading that come included in the data signal that comes from the FZ6 ECU a nd is sent to the FZ6 instrument cluster. To include that in your new readout you would need to pick off those signals from the corresponding sensors and translate that data at it's require voltage to the new instrument cluster. This would also require not interfering with those sensor signals as they are sent to the FZ6 ECU. The other way would be to install your own sensors and feed that signal to your new readout.

LeoIOM

Reaction score
Visit site
Anode is usually associate with positive and cathode with negative,
RPM, speed and engine light are all through the ECU and to the instrument cluster at the data line.
My suggestion is to use the FZ6 S1 or S2 instrument cluster. You can also use the FZ1 cluster but the RPM red line on the dial will be lower.
Another good reason is the usefulness of reading error codes with the compatible FZ series instrument clusters because the CPU in the cluster can process the ECU data including sensors and error codes for trouble shooting.
I'll assume you have a seat to the most insane MC race in the world! Do you ever ride the circuit?
Hey man! haha yes... front row seat.. I'm right on the course (Kirk Michael)... but we get out for a few hot laps. Another week and the practices start and the 30k visitors start arriving