Wrecked my FZ

MIFZ600

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Wrecked my 2006 FZ6 Last monday as well 3:43pm

Well I understand your pain on this one. I too wrecked my 2006 FZ6 last monday. Took a turn to wide and downshifted. Little did I know I hit 2nd gear before third causing my bike to hope. Went off the corner at 50mph slide down the grass hillside and once It caught the bottom flung me up in the air and my bike somersaulted.

My damage is like yours except my whole front plastic was ripped off and my gas tank from the handle bars ****ing right slammed my gas tank and well the tank needs replaced now. Still useable but not so attractive anymore. Same color bike.

I have ignition issues. Bike won't start. When I try the relay chatters. I hooked a battery charger to the battery for a hour or 2. Got it to turn maybe half a stroke but won't go anymore. The relay chatters like hell and my battery cables and starter get hotter then heck. Either my engine might be toast or i have a positive ground causing the heating of the battery cables.

This is sucking bad. I just want to get back on and ride but time for the shop to decide if it's a lose or save.

MIFZ600

Reaction score
Visit site
Definetly glad to hear your okay. You was smarter then I in the protective equipment area. I didn't have helmet on and was wearing tanktop and shorts on my going down but escaped with sore leg muscles and some minor scrapping on my leg.

Like always stated glad you made it out okay!

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you were able to walk away (relatively) unscathed.

A question on "tar snakes". I've seen several people post up on the dangers of these and I was wondering (as a relatively new rider), is it the raised up "snakes" that throw your tire off, or is it the loss of traction when you're leaned over in a turn? We've got plenty of these in TX, but so far none have caused me any problems; just like to know what to look out for.

Currently, my commute to work takes me over one section of road that is "grooved". Instead of the nice small grooves sit into the road, they basically scraped the road like they do before resurfacing (but they never paved over it). Those "grooves" make the bike feel very squirrely (and me very uneasy), and I've always wondered if it's a real danger or just a bad feeling.