Wish me luck!

MarineMom

Reaction score
Visit site
I finally got last minute approval for time off to go to FL to get my BMW. I leave Thurs. morning driving a friend's car down, spend a few days then ride bike back. I've been feeling nervous but also excited about the trip. I haven't ridden that bike since last Dec. and I've never ridden so far alone, the longest trip I've done alone is about 250 mi. so 900mi. will be an accomplishment, I'm going to try to stop and see family (elderly Aunts & Uncles) on trip home. I decided to make the trip back over 4 days so I have time to enjoy the ride and sightsee a little too. I'm hoping for nice weather and little traffic (I hate interstates on a bike). Trying to get ready in 3 days is making me crazy, drove 10 hrs yest. going to pick up car so my day off wasn't relaxing at all, now trying to get list of needs, plus being sure I can pack it all for trip back, arghhh, now time to leave for work...... Wish me luck!!!!

I

inkrediboy

2001 F650 GSA, dual sport.

Very cool - 900 miles is no short ride - you are going to have a blast. BMW's are beautiful touring scoots. Make the most of it, and enjoy every inch (nah, every centimeter) of that run. I would change places with you right now to hit the road vs, sitting in this office.

Ride safe - and good luck! Take pictures.

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck, I hope for good riding weather and don't push yourself too hard, if you need a rest, stop for a rest. Take care, Deb

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I finally got last minute approval for time off to go to FL to get my BMW. I leave Thurs. morning driving a friend's car down, spend a few days then ride bike back. I've been feeling nervous but also excited about the trip. I haven't ridden that bike since last Dec. and I've never ridden so far alone, the longest trip I've done alone is about 250 mi. so 900mi. will be an accomplishment, I'm going to try to stop and see family (elderly Aunts & Uncles) on trip home. I decided to make the trip back over 4 days so I have time to enjoy the ride and sightsee a little too. I'm hoping for nice weather and little traffic (I hate interstates on a bike). Trying to get ready in 3 days is making me crazy, drove 10 hrs yest. going to pick up car so my day off wasn't relaxing at all, now trying to get list of needs, plus being sure I can pack it all for trip back, arghhh, now time to leave for work...... Wish me luck!!!!
Good luck,
Please take lots of pictures.

Nelly

tasop7

Enjoying Life!
Reaction score
Visit site
Enjoy the trip... you'll do great! Can't wait to see some pictures! :thumbup:

BTW... my cousin has a BMW motorcycle and he absolutely LOVES it! I was thinking about getting one as a second bike in the future.

-Taso

Last edited:
I

inkrediboy

Enjoy the trip... you'll do great! Can't wait to see some pictures! :thumbup:

BTW... my cousin has a BMW motorcycle and he absolutely LOVES it! I was thinking about getting one as a second bike in the future.

-Taso

I had a good friend in LA who used a BMW for daily commuting every day from OC, including a documented road trip to Canada from So Cal. Said it was butter - hot wet butter :) Very comfortable ride on those bikes in the long straights. Not my preferance, but it did feel smooooth when I checked it out.

MarineMom

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone.... just an update.... NO gas in Atlanta area, got stuck there for 2 hrs waiting on a delivery :Flip: GA. Arrived in FL to bike with dead battery! :eek:So much for 'good to go' Jump started and rode it all day Saturday no problems so hopefully will be fine, gonna ride today to be sure before leaving tomorrow. Had everything else checked by my favorite bike shops here, only needed chain tightened up and a horn!!!! :eek: Friend said it quit working a while ago but forgot to tell me:spank: He also forgot to tell me it's been dropped:confused::( Couldn't find a horn so I bought small airhorn and strapped it on... better than nothing I guess. So I'll be out in mornin if battery OK, othewise local shop will get one ready for me and I'll leave when it's charged and installed. Bought a new camera so will try to get some pics along the way.

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone.... just an update.... NO gas in Atlanta area, got stuck there for 2 hrs waiting on a delivery :Flip: GA. Arrived in FL to bike with dead battery! :eek:So much for 'good to go' Jump started and rode it all day Saturday no problems so hopefully will be fine, gonna ride today to be sure before leaving tomorrow. Had everything else checked by my favorite bike shops here, only needed chain tightened up and a horn!!!! :eek: Friend said it quit working a while ago but forgot to tell me:spank: He also forgot to tell me it's been dropped:confused::( Couldn't find a horn so I bought small airhorn and strapped it on... better than nothing I guess. So I'll be out in mornin if battery OK, othewise local shop will get one ready for me and I'll leave when it's charged and installed. Bought a new camera so will try to get some pics along the way.

How did the rest of your trip go? Hope you made it back safe & sound. Pictures? ;)